Word to your mother

Mattb

Guest
Or to you if you're someone's mother!

The rest of you - Don't forget!

--

Matt

"Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

Jon Bond wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Or to you if you're someone's mother!
>>
>> The rest of you - Don't forget!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
>>

> Forget what?
>
> Jon Bond

don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you can
do something nice anyway.

Penny

| Jon Bond wrote:
| > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| >> Or to you if you're someone's mother!
| >>
| >> The rest of you - Don't forget!
| >>
| >> --
| >>
| >> Matt
| >>
| >> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
| >>

| > Forget what?
| >
| > Jon Bond
|
| don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you
| can do something nice anyway.

I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with only
Mother's Day that not being specifically the case.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003

Nelson Binch wrote:

> | don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you
> | can do something nice anyway.
>
> I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with only
> Mother's Day that not being specifically the case.

The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
weekend of Lent.

\

it was a holiday invented buy the states for just wanting a holiday

MattB wrote:
> Or to you if you're someone's mother!
>
> The rest of you - Don't forget!

"All circuits are busy, please try your call later"

> Technician wrote:
> >
> >>Or to you if you're someone's mother!
> >>
> >>The rest of you - Don't forget!
> >>

> > And for those with no mother?
>
> Oh, knock it off, Travis.
>
> Kathleen

Ahh yes, that's what my maternal genetic donor would say.

in an effort to restrain myself from typing a three page report of the justification of above lines
of text, i have deleted said report three times. needless to say, unless you want a long report that
digs deep into the "dark places", this will have to suffice.

But to summarize, the only reasons i still live here is because i still owe her $2000 for my
computer, and my father will not let her kick me out, though he has threatened to do so himself
several times.

Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
$4000 car.
--
~Travis

"Technician"

> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
> $4000 car.

Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.

Gary in VA

> Nelson Binch wrote:
>
> > | don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting
card/candy/
> > | flower industry. But you can do something nice anyway.
> >
> > I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with
> > only Mother's Day that not being specifically the
case.

> The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
> weekend of Lent.

The American tradition was started in Philly by a woman whose intentions were slightly different.
Read an article today about her, Anna Jarvis. Basically said it was proposed around the early 1900's
and was meant to celebrate progressive women as opposed to women preserving the status quo. Her mom
was active in a work club which helped sick soldiers and worked to heal the rifts of the civil war.
Somewhere along the way it from a pluralistic celebration of mothers and the service they do to just
honoring your own mom.

Chris

Gary in VA wrote:
> "Technician"
>
>> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
>> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
>> $4000 car.
>
> Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
> Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.
>
> Gary in VA

what he said.. plus , you make your own life.... I could tell you stories about the home I grew up
in.. but what's the point, I've made other choices, taken charge of my own life, and don't blame
anyone for anything but me.

back to mom's day.... I hugged my boys and told them I love being their mom. Got surprised looks
cuz they didn't know it was "the day". I begged off kitchen duty for the day, dropped at the movies
(X2) and went to the garden center to get a new rose bush. Then got smoked salmon for creamy smoke
salmon fettuccine for dinner ( don't mind cooking if I don't have to do the dishes) and a chocolate
cream pie for dessert. I lay claim to the tube tonight for the Survivor finale... will it be weasel
boy or not?

Penny

Technician wrote:

>>Technician wrote:
>>
>>>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

>>>And for those with no mother?
>>
>>Oh, knock it off, Travis.
>>
>>Kathleen
>>

> Ahh yes, that's what my maternal genetic donor would say.
>
> in an effort to restrain myself from typing a three page report of the justification of above
> lines of text, i have deleted said report three times. needless to say, unless you want a long
> report that digs deep into the "dark places", this will have to suffice.
>
> But to summarize, the only reasons i still live here is because i still owe her $2000 for my
> computer, and my father will not let her kick me out, though he has threatened to do so himself
> several times.
>
> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
> $4000 car.

Guess what Travis? Nobody lives to be my age (40) without suffering at least one major
trauma, and that's if you've been *really* lucky. Personally, I've seen enough real
tragedies to sap my patience for your masturbatory sturn und drang.

Kathleen

On Sun, 11 May 2003 22:21:35 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

> The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
> weekend of Lent.

I'm so glad you said that; I'd never hear the last of it if I forgot and I was starting to panic.

--
Huw Pritchard

On Sun, 11 May 2003 18:56:02 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Gary in VA wrote:
>> "Technician"
>>
>>> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
>>> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
>>> $4000 car.
>>
>> Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
>> Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.
>>
>> Gary in VA
>
>what he said.. plus , you make your own life.... I could tell you stories about the home I grew up
>in.. but what's the point, I've made other choices, taken charge of my own life, and don't blame
>anyone for anything but me.
>
>back to mom's day.... I hugged my boys and told them I love being their mom. Got surprised looks
>cuz they didn't know it was "the day". I begged off kitchen duty for the day, dropped at the movies
>(X2) and went to the garden center to get a new rose bush. Then got smoked salmon for creamy smoke
>salmon fettuccine for dinner ( don't mind cooking if I don't have to do the dishes) and a chocolate
>cream pie for dessert. I lay claim to the tube tonight for the Survivor finale... will it be weasel
>boy or not?
>
>Penny

Alex is my bosses son. W were all rooting for him. It's amazing. I had yet to see an episode of that
****. Then I found out someone I knew was on there. So I watched 1 episode. But now I no longer have
that connection since he was booted. So I ain't watching anymore. What a farce.....

Dave (sometimes it's too bad AM-B doesn't work that way though.)