Word to your mother

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mattb, May 10, 2003.

  1. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Or to you if you're someone's mother!

    The rest of you - Don't forget!

    --

    Matt

    "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    >
    > The rest of you - Don't forget!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

    Forget what?

    Jon Bond

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Jon Bond wrote:
    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    >>
    >> The rest of you - Don't forget!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Matt
    >>
    >> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
    >>

    > Forget what?
    >
    > Jon Bond

    don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you can
    do something nice anyway.

    Penny

  4. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Jon Bond wrote:
    | > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | >> Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    | >>
    | >> The rest of you - Don't forget!
    | >>
    | >> --
    | >>
    | >> Matt
    | >>
    | >> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
    | >>

    | > Forget what?
    | >
    | > Jon Bond
    |
    | don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you
    | can do something nice anyway.

    I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with only
    Mother's Day that not being specifically the case.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    >
    > The rest of you - Don't forget!

    Word to the new mother in Gunnison.

    JD

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Nelson Binch wrote:

    > | don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting card/candy/ flower industry. But you
    > | can do something nice anyway.
    >
    > I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with only
    > Mother's Day that not being specifically the case.

    The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
    weekend of Lent.

  7. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    \

    it was a holiday invented buy the states for just wanting a holiday

  8. MattB wrote:
    > Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    >
    > The rest of you - Don't forget!

    "All circuits are busy, please try your call later"

  9. Technician

    Technician Guest

  10. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Technician wrote:

    >>Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    >>
    >>The rest of you - Don't forget!
    >>

    > And for those with no mother?

    Oh, knock it off, Travis.

    Kathleen

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  12. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Technician wrote:
    > >
    > >>Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    > >>
    > >>The rest of you - Don't forget!
    > >>

    > > And for those with no mother?
    >
    > Oh, knock it off, Travis.
    >
    > Kathleen

    Ahh yes, that's what my maternal genetic donor would say.

    in an effort to restrain myself from typing a three page report of the justification of above lines
    of text, i have deleted said report three times. needless to say, unless you want a long report that
    digs deep into the "dark places", this will have to suffice.

    But to summarize, the only reasons i still live here is because i still owe her $2000 for my
    computer, and my father will not let her kick me out, though he has threatened to do so himself
    several times.

    Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
    is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
    $4000 car.
    --
    ~Travis

  13. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Or to you if you're someone's mother!
    > >
    > > The rest of you - Don't forget!
    >
    > Word to the new mother in Gunnison.
    >
    > JD

    She says "True. Peace out.".

    We had a nice day. We both got a turn to ride. It was nice at Hartman's.

    Matt

  14. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    "Technician"

    > Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
    > is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
    > $4000 car.

    Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
    Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.

    Gary in VA

  15. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > Nelson Binch wrote:
    >
    > > | don'r forget that mother's day was invented by the greeting
    card/candy/
    > > | flower industry. But you can do something nice anyway.
    > >
    > > I had always heard and believed this to be true, but I seem to remember somewhere about with
    > > only Mother's Day that not being specifically the
    case.

    > The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
    > weekend of Lent.

    The American tradition was started in Philly by a woman whose intentions were slightly different.
    Read an article today about her, Anna Jarvis. Basically said it was proposed around the early 1900's
    and was meant to celebrate progressive women as opposed to women preserving the status quo. Her mom
    was active in a work club which helped sick soldiers and worked to heal the rifts of the civil war.
    Somewhere along the way it from a pluralistic celebration of mothers and the service they do to just
    honoring your own mom.

    Chris

  16. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Gary in VA wrote:
    > "Technician"
    >
    >> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
    >> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
    >> $4000 car.
    >
    > Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
    > Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.
    >
    > Gary in VA

    what he said.. plus , you make your own life.... I could tell you stories about the home I grew up
    in.. but what's the point, I've made other choices, taken charge of my own life, and don't blame
    anyone for anything but me.

    back to mom's day.... I hugged my boys and told them I love being their mom. Got surprised looks
    cuz they didn't know it was "the day". I begged off kitchen duty for the day, dropped at the movies
    (X2) and went to the garden center to get a new rose bush. Then got smoked salmon for creamy smoke
    salmon fettuccine for dinner ( don't mind cooking if I don't have to do the dishes) and a chocolate
    cream pie for dessert. I lay claim to the tube tonight for the Survivor finale... will it be weasel
    boy or not?

    Penny

  17. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Technician wrote:

    >>Technician wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >>>And for those with no mother?
    >>
    >>Oh, knock it off, Travis.
    >>
    >>Kathleen
    >>

    > Ahh yes, that's what my maternal genetic donor would say.
    >
    > in an effort to restrain myself from typing a three page report of the justification of above
    > lines of text, i have deleted said report three times. needless to say, unless you want a long
    > report that digs deep into the "dark places", this will have to suffice.
    >
    > But to summarize, the only reasons i still live here is because i still owe her $2000 for my
    > computer, and my father will not let her kick me out, though he has threatened to do so himself
    > several times.
    >
    > Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
    > is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
    > $4000 car.

    Guess what Travis? Nobody lives to be my age (40) without suffering at least one major
    trauma, and that's if you've been *really* lucky. Personally, I've seen enough real
    tragedies to sap my patience for your masturbatory sturn und drang.

    Kathleen

  18. On Sun, 11 May 2003 22:21:35 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

    > The English Mothering Sunday dates from about the 17th Century, and is celebrated on the fourth
    > weekend of Lent.

    I'm so glad you said that; I'd never hear the last of it if I forgot and I was starting to panic.

    --
    Huw Pritchard

  19. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 18:56:02 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gary in VA wrote:
    >> "Technician"
    >>
    >>> Were just a poster child for a happy, loving family, as you can imagine. and make a guess at who
    >>> is the root of all their problems. lets just say, it is not their offspring who was just given a
    >>> $4000 car.
    >>
    >> Travis, remember what I said about thinking before you post? I think you need to go back and read
    >> Darsh's thread and rethink your attitude. It gets old.
    >>
    >> Gary in VA
    >
    >what he said.. plus , you make your own life.... I could tell you stories about the home I grew up
    >in.. but what's the point, I've made other choices, taken charge of my own life, and don't blame
    >anyone for anything but me.
    >
    >back to mom's day.... I hugged my boys and told them I love being their mom. Got surprised looks
    >cuz they didn't know it was "the day". I begged off kitchen duty for the day, dropped at the movies
    >(X2) and went to the garden center to get a new rose bush. Then got smoked salmon for creamy smoke
    >salmon fettuccine for dinner ( don't mind cooking if I don't have to do the dishes) and a chocolate
    >cream pie for dessert. I lay claim to the tube tonight for the Survivor finale... will it be weasel
    >boy or not?
    >
    >Penny

    Alex is my bosses son. W were all rooting for him. It's amazing. I had yet to see an episode of that
    crap. Then I found out someone I knew was on there. So I watched 1 episode. But now I no longer have
    that connection since he was booted. So I ain't watching anymore. What a farce.....

    Dave (sometimes it's too bad AM-B doesn't work that way though.)