Words of wisdom from Jacques Rogge to the cycling community

whiteboytrash said:
Tool ! More snow than farkin London ! Thats lots ! Not lots for you but lots for me ! It snowed from 2pm on boxing day all through the night until the next morning then melted... calm down !

I stayed at Hotel Yasim on Politickych.. very nice...

Now make sure you're in London for the Tour prolouge and I'll show you rain in summer ! :eek:

PS to prove I was in Prague here is a photo of Mrs. WBT (with face
concealed - note better figure than mussette) at the Rudolfinum complete with snow !! :p
Isn't that Basso's sister ? :rolleyes:

cyclingheroes said:
Isn't that Basso's sister ? :rolleyes:
You got me ! Don't tell Eddie ! :D

Note Brillo's pawprints in the snow... he was always running off chasing bones, sticks, (pinecone) needles and EPO... naughty dog he is....

whiteboytrash said:
Tool ! More snow than farkin London ! Thats lots ! Not lots for you but lots for me ! It snowed from 2pm on boxing day all through the night until the next morning then melted... calm down !

I stayed at Hotel Yasim on Politickych.. very nice...

Now make sure you're in London for the Tour prolouge and I'll show you rain in summer ! :eek:

PS to prove I was in Prague here is a photo of Mrs. WBT (with face
concealed - note better figure than mussette) at the Rudolfinum complete with snow !! :p

So you where here for Boxing day I thought I smelled something foul in the air. ;-)

Also I do not see a date on the photo so it could have been last year or last decade. Or maybe you just photoshoped it.

Oh yeah a whooping 1" Actually most people in Prague would say we got some flurries.

So basically what you are saying is there was a little snow one afternoon then it melted the next morning and that is alot? If it snowed all night(do not see in flurries in the picture so it must not have been snowing that evening.) and the accumulation was only 1" then it must have been a blizzard.(note Sarcastic tone) Where you scared?

Usually around Christmas time we have 10-15 CM of snow and -5 to -10 degrees C.

If you think that is alot of snow you should see my sister's place in Denver this Christmas.

Hotel Yasim on Politickych Veznu (Political Prisoners street) Correct?

Regardless did you enjoyed Prague and the little snow we did get I hope it made for a romantic evening.

I hope you had some beer (pivo) while you were in town.

Ok deal London in summer for some lovely rain. I will bring the beer, you the umbrellas.

Nashledanou,

Robert

We did have a lovely time in Prague.... and we tried out best not to be tourist and drink too much beer and go to strip joints... ;) like most Brits abroad do... Did drink some beer... plenty of Star and Pilser Urquell (spelling ?)... very nice brews...wanted to get to the Staropramen brewery but didn't get a chance.... went to "Bar and Books" and had a great night... great bar.. and "Chateau l'enfer rouge" which I'm sure had some bloke selling drugs by the toilets everytime I took a ****.... seriously !

Didn't realise that
Politickych Street was the former home for political prisoners.... great restaurant Noodles in the Yasim if you ever get a chance to go....

Nice local wine as well…

See you in July !

WBT reporting from the front line.

BottleCage said:
So you where here for Boxing day I thought I smelled something foul in the air. ;-)
Also I do not see a date on the photo so it could have been last year or last decade. Or maybe you just photoshoped it.
Oh yeah a whooping 1" Actually most people in Prague would say we got some flurries.
So basically what you are saying is there was a little snow one afternoon then it melted the next morning and that is alot? If it snowed all night(do not see in flurries in the picture so it must not have been snowing that evening.) and the accumulation was only 1" then it must have been a blizzard.(note Sarcastic tone) Where you scared?
Usually around Christmas time we have 10-15 CM of snow and -5 to -10 degrees C.
If you think that is alot of snow you should see my sister's place in Denver this Christmas.
Hotel Yasim on Politickych Veznu (Political Prisoners street) Correct?
Regardless did you enjoyed Prague and the little snow we did get I hope it made for a romantic evening.
I hope you had some beer (pivo) while you were in town.
Ok deal London in summer for some lovely rain. I will bring the beer, you the umbrellas.
Nashledanou,
Robert

whiteboytrash said:
We did have a lovely time in Prague.... and we tried out best not to be tourist and drink too much beer and go to strip joints... ;) like most Brits abroad do... Did drink some beer... plenty of Star and Pilser Urquell (spelling ?)... very nice brews...wanted to get to the Staropramen brewery but didn't get a chance.... went to "Bar and Books" and had a great night... great bar.. and "Chateau l'enfer rouge" which I'm sure had some bloke selling drugs by the toilets everytime I took a ****.... seriously !

Didn't realise that
Politickych Street was the former home for political prisoners.... great restaurant Noodles in the Yasim if you ever get a chance to go....

Nice local wine as well…

See you in July !

WBT reporting from the front line.

Actually that is just the name of the street but they did keep political prisoners at a prison up by the castle. I believe Vaclav Havel showed Prince Charles the cell he stayed in. Staropramen (Old Well) and Pilsner Urquell are two of the biggest brands and you can find them most places.

I am so glad to hear you are not part of the stag party scene in Prague.

We have groups of them all wearing the same shirt, cussing like a bunch of sailors, inconsiderate to the local women, loud and obnixous. But this is what alot of people associate the UK with hooligans and these stag parties.

It is a same because my British friends are nothing like that.

And what is worse in the summer time when it is warm they take off their shirts. I really would prefer to more skin on the Czech women not overweight drunk British men.

""Chateau l'enfer rouge" which I'm sure had some bloke selling drugs by the toilets everytime I took a ****.... seriously !"

He was. I know the place. (only by reputation I swear.)

Meet you at the Prologue. I will be the one wearing a cycling cap so that should be too hard to find me.

Thanks BC; One last question about Prague before this forum turns into the Lonely Planet website. We took this picture down one of the OldTown passage ways in Stare Mesto near Church of Saint Gall - Do you know what it is ? What is this man doing ?

This year at the firm we spent a considerable amount of money with an external consultancy and they know I'm a big cycling fan.... they are doing their best to nail me two corporate tickets to the Prologue... fingers crossed they pull it off...

BottleCage said:
I am so glad to hear you are not part of the stag party scene in Prague. should be too hard to find me.