work as pedicab drivers

all

New Member
Jun 5, 2004
hello,
i'm a student from europe and i'm looking job for summer in USA,
so i wonder how much i can earn as pedicab driver (for example in miami, orlando or key west).
cheers,
Peter

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:45:31 GMT, all <[email protected]>
may have said:

>hello, i'm a student from europe and i'm looking job for
>summer in USA, so i wonder how much i can earn as pedicab
>driver (for example in miami, orlando or key west).
>cheers, Peter

Not much. The majority of pedicab drivers work for tips; the
more entertaining, helpful and informative the driver
manages to be, the more that the tourists will tip them. You
have a problem before you even reach that point; getting a
work permit. Believe me, the other drivers will not let your
status as a foreign national go unnoticed, and you will need
proper documentation to get the required permits, some of
which can't be had on short notice.

You would have had a better chance getting work with the
Holy Rodent Empire (Disney), if you had applied well in
advance both for the job and the necessary documentation.

--
My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via
e-mail. Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature. Words

"Werehatrack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:45:31 GMT, all <usenet-
> [email protected]> may have said:
>
> >hello, i'm a student from europe and i'm looking job for
> >summer in USA, so i wonder how much i can earn as pedicab
> >driver (for example in miami, orlando or key west).
> >cheers, Peter
>
> Not much. The majority of pedicab drivers work for tips;
> the more entertaining, helpful and informative the driver
> manages to be, the more that the tourists will tip them.
> You have a problem before you even reach that point;
> getting a work permit. Believe me, the other drivers will
> not let your status as a foreign national go unnoticed,
> and you will need proper documentation to get the required
> permits, some of which can't be had on short notice.
>
> You would have had a better chance getting work with the
> Holy Rodent Empire (Disney), if you had applied well in
> advance both for the job and the necessary documentation.

Not to mention that summer in Florida is NOT the prime
tourist season for the simple reason that the heat and
humidity sucks. That would also make it a less than
desirable environment for a pedicab. ;-)