work gear

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Matthew Paterson, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Just wondering where I could pick up a work apron (something like Park
    etc) for working on the bike? I hate having to get changed every time I
    need to something.

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

    Tags:

  2. bomba

    bomba Guest

  3. NotaKnob

    NotaKnob Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Just wondering where I could pick up a work apron (something like Park
    > etc) for working on the bike? I hate having to get changed every time I
    > need to something.

    For something cheap, try a place that sells work clothes. Something
    like a bakers apron would work.

    Bruce

  4. MattB

    MattB Guest

    NotaKnob wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >> Just wondering where I could pick up a work apron (something like
    >> Park etc) for working on the bike? I hate having to get changed
    >> every time I need to something.
    >>

    > For something cheap, try a place that sells work clothes. Something
    > like a bakers apron would work.
    >
    > Bruce

    I like those flowery, frilly ones like June Cleaver used to wear. I've seen
    them at the Good Will shop for under a dollar too!

    Matt

  5. "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > NotaKnob wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > [email protected] says...
    > >> Just wondering where I could pick up a work apron (something like
    > >> Park etc) for working on the bike? I hate having to get changed
    > >> every time I need to something.
    > >>

    > > For something cheap, try a place that sells work clothes. Something
    > > like a bakers apron would work.
    > >
    > > Bruce

    > I like those flowery, frilly ones like June Cleaver used to wear. I've

    seen
    > them at the Good Will shop for under a dollar too!
    >
    > Matt

    Yikes, Dating yourself! How many people know who June Cleaver was?

    or did you see the reruns ;-)

    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
    The rest I've just wasted.

  6. Paul Hays

    Paul Hays Guest

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:45:55 -0700, Matthew Paterson wrote
    (in article <pan.200[email protected]>):

    > Just wondering where I could pick up a work apron (something like Park
    > etc) for working on the bike? I hate having to get changed every time I
    > need to something.

    My favorite work apron is the Ben Davis "Teamster" apron

    http://www.workingmans.com/Ben Davis/aprons.htm

    It extends to below the knees, but has a split front (w/ leg loops) that
    allows you to straddle and ride a bike.

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:25:22 -0300, Chris Phillipo
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "D T W .../\\..." <vze3n4p8
    > @verizon.net> says...
    >> Yikes, Dating yourself! How many people know who June Cleaver was?
    >>
    >> or did you see the reruns ;-)
    >>
    >> DTW .../\.../\.../\...
    >>

    > Sounds like a porn star name.

    You're thinking of Jane Cleavage.
    --
    Slacker

  8. Slacker says:

    >> Sounds like a porn star name.

    >You're thinking of Jane Cleavage.

    Nah - wasn't it John Cleaver?

    Steve
    PS - CD arrived yesterday - too busy with weeding crap to answer right away.
    Thanks again, Slacker. Will send some car porn by return, or soonish ;-)

  9. MattB

    MattB Guest

    D T W .../\... wrote:
    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> NotaKnob wrote:
    >>> In article <[email protected]eamlinux.org.uk>,
    >>> [email protected] says...
    >>>>

    >>> For something cheap, try a place that sells work clothes. Something
    >>> like a bakers apron would work.
    >>>
    >>> Bruce

    >> I like those flowery, frilly ones like June Cleaver used to wear.
    >> I've seen them at the Good Will shop for under a dollar too!
    >>
    >> Matt
    >>

    > Yikes, Dating yourself! How many people know who June Cleaver
    > was?
    >
    > or did you see the reruns ;-)

    > I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
    > The rest I've just wasted.

    Reruns in the 80's.

    Matt