Work stands

Donald Wheatley

Guest
I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations would
be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

In article <[email protected]>, shagger1 @washingtonwilkes.org says...
> I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations
> would be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

I got this one from Park tools. It has turned out to be the best accessory for my bike.

http://www.parktool.com/tools/PCS_4.shtml

For oversize tubulars like the V² you'll also need this clamp.

http://www.parktool.com/tools/100_5X.shtml

It works great with my Bacchetta

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Originally posted by Cletus D . Lee
In article <[email protected]>, shagger1 @washingtonwilkes.org says...
> I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations
> would be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

I got this one from Park tools. It has turned out to be the best accessory for my bike.

http://www.parktool.com/tools/PCS_4.shtml

For oversize tubulars like the V² you'll also need this clamp.

http://www.parktool.com/tools/100_5X.shtml

It works great with my Bacchetta

- Bellaire, TX USA -

I second it. I have the same one and love it. I did not know about the other clamp tho, will have to check it out.

Where did you get it?

kim

> I second it. I have the same one and love it. I did not know about the other clamp tho, will have
> to check it out.
>
> Where did you get it?

I got everything through my LBS, My LBS was able to order the stand and large tube clamp as a single
unit. IIRC, the price was less than the Standard Stand ($199) plus the 100_5X Clamp.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

> Check out Greg Dunn's PVC Pipe workstand at http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/PVCWorkStand.htm
>
> It's cheap, works great, and can be adapted to pretty much any bike configuration.
>
> <Chas>

well, I built one of these, beefing it up with 1" pvc rather than the recommended 3/4" and it still
drooped like a cooked noodle under the V2's weight. nice design, though.

rich

Donald,

I followed Cletus's advise and got the park stand and the extreme vise. I promise you'll not regret it.

I ordered mine for a good price at Alfred E. Bike www.aebike.com It took about a week to get it, but the price made it worth the wait.

The Park stand works great on both my diamond frame and my Burley Canto with it's extra large tube.

You won't be disappointed.
Ben

I also tried one of these about ayear ago and experimented with different tube sizes and cements and
it was a failure. The joints would not hold under the levered stress of the bike weight. Now I hang
with two ropes and some karibeeners (sp) and all is well.

Regards Chris