Work stands

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Donald Wheatley, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations would
    be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, shagger1 @washingtonwilkes.org says...
    > I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations
    > would be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

    I got this one from Park tools. It has turned out to be the best accessory for my bike.

    http://www.parktool.com/tools/PCS_4.shtml

    For oversize tubulars like the V² you'll also need this clamp.

    http://www.parktool.com/tools/100_5X.shtml

    It works great with my Bacchetta

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    "Donald Wheatley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a GRR and V2 and need a work stand capable of holding these bikes. Any recommendations
    > would be appreciated. Thanks Donald Wheatley

    Check out Greg Dunn's PVC Pipe workstand at http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/PVCWorkStand.htm

    It's cheap, works great, and can be adapted to pretty much any bike configuration.

    <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

  4. g19glock1

    g19glock1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    I second it. I have the same one and love it. I did not know about the other clamp tho, will have to check it out.

    Where did you get it?

    kim

  5. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    > I second it. I have the same one and love it. I did not know about the other clamp tho, will have
    > to check it out.
    >
    > Where did you get it?

    I got everything through my LBS, My LBS was able to order the stand and large tube clamp as a single
    unit. IIRC, the price was less than the Standard Stand ($199) plus the 100_5X Clamp.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  6. > Check out Greg Dunn's PVC Pipe workstand at http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/PVCWorkStand.htm

    > It's cheap, works great, and can be adapted to pretty much any bike configuration.
    >
    > <Chas>

    well, I built one of these, beefing it up with 1" pvc rather than the recommended 3/4" and it still
    drooped like a cooked noodle under the V2's weight. nice design, though.

    rich

  7. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Donald,

    I followed Cletus's advise and got the park stand and the extreme vise. I promise you'll not regret it.

    I ordered mine for a good price at Alfred E. Bike www.aebike.com It took about a week to get it, but the price made it worth the wait.

    The Park stand works great on both my diamond frame and my Burley Canto with it's extra large tube.

    You won't be disappointed.
    Ben

  8. I also tried one of these about ayear ago and experimented with different tube sizes and cements and
    it was a failure. The joints would not hold under the levered stress of the bike weight. Now I hang
    with two ropes and some karibeeners (sp) and all is well.

    Regards Chris