Works well who said it didn't

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by crazy6r54, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine
    tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO
    rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of human error
    like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    I MTB 2004

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:
    > In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
    > one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
    > combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
    > the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
    > then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
    > derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    > human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
    > secure.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    Eehh? Why don't you wait till you're straight and post that again. Maybe somebody will make sense of
    it then. BTW if you're looking for who said it didn't it was probably me, 'cause I never said that.

    --
    Perre

  3. Fred Hinkson

    Fred Hinkson Guest

    That makes sense to me.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

  4. Gp-Tj

    Gp-Tj Guest

  5. Jonesy

    Jonesy Guest

    > In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    > Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    > only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
    > fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
    > SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    > human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

    You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?
    --
    Jonesy

  6. Jonesy wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my
    >> bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other
    >> rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long
    >> time to fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my
    >> last 2 SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever
    >> hear of human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.
    >

    > You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?

    Naaah. Too many caps for g daniels. He was just stoned.

    --
    Perre

  7. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
    > Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
    > only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
    > fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
    > SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    > human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    I've gone almost all SRAM on my Schwinn geared bike, and love it. (front derr's all that's left)
    Move over Shimano, there's a good kid in town...

    paladin

  8. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
    5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
    and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.

    I MTB 2004

  9. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    By the way derailleur and shifters came yesterday. Allready installed and tuned in

    I MTB 2004

  10. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
    > 5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
    > and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
    the middle ring all the time.

    paladin

  11. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:10:11 -0800, Paladin wrote:

    > Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
    > the middle ring all the time.

    Me too. Then when I was changing frames I found that the wires from one of the cable outers had
    pulled through the ferrule. Replaced the piece of cable and, Robert's your father's brother,
    shifting worked again.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

  12. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:40:20 -0500 (EST), [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
    > In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
    > one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
    > combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
    > the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
    > then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
    > derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
    > human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
    > secure.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    uh...OK....

    Gman "Huh???"