Works well who said it didn't

crazy6r54

Guest
In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine
tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO
rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of human error
like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

I MTB 2004

[email protected] wrote:
> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
> one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
> combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
> the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
> then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
> derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
> human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
> secure.
>
> I MTB 2004

Eehh? Why don't you wait till you're straight and post that again. Maybe somebody will make sense of
it then. BTW if you're looking for who said it didn't it was probably me, 'cause I never said that.

--
Perre

> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
> Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
> only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
> fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
> SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
> human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.

You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?
--
Jonesy

Jonesy wrote:
> [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my
>> bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other
>> rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long
>> time to fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my
>> last 2 SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever
>> hear of human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.
>

> You wouldn't happen to be related to a g. daniels, now would you?

Naaah. Too many caps for g daniels. He was just stoned.

--
Perre

> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on one of my bikes.
> Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same combo for one of my other rigs. The
> only thing that was hard to get use to was the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to
> fine tune it in. More time then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2
> SHIMANO rear derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
> human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are secure.
>
> I MTB 2004

I've gone almost all SRAM on my Schwinn geared bike, and love it. (front derr's all that's left)
Move over Shimano, there's a good kid in town...

paladin

Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.

I MTB 2004

By the way derailleur and shifters came yesterday. Allready installed and tuned in

I MTB 2004

> Paladin go to www.Icycles..com SRAM front derailleurs are so cheap you shouldn't wait. SRAM
> 5.0,7.0,and 9.0 are all there and could be in you hand in just 3 days. They are so easy to install
> and tune. And they don't mess with the paint job.
>
> I MTB 2004

Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
the middle ring all the time.

paladin

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:10:11 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> Thanks, I'll take a look. My xt front derr never worked right. Which is why I learned to climb in
> the middle ring all the time.

Me too. Then when I was changing frames I found that the wires from one of the cable outers had
pulled through the ferrule. Replaced the piece of cable and, Robert's your father's brother,
shifting worked again.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:40:20 -0500 (EST), [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> In December I put a SRAM X.9 rear derailleur and SRAM Halfpipe 9 speed shifter on
> one of my bikes. Till now everything works just fine that I just got the same
> combo for one of my other rigs. The only thing that was hard to get use to was
> the shifting is backwards and it took a long time to fine tune it in. More time
> then it ever takes me and I have 4 SRAM setups. Well when my last 2 SHIMANO rear
> derailleurs and one in the parts box go I'll be a full SRAM man. You ever hear of
> human error like not checking and making sure set screws are tight and grips are
> secure.
>
> I MTB 2004

uh...OK....

Gman "Huh???"