World Award for Armstrong

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve McGinty, May 21, 2003.

  1. "Lance Armstrong has been named Laureus World Sportsman of the Year in Monte Carlo..... Armstrong
    won the Tour de France for the fourth successive time in 2002 after beating cancer."

    http://www.ananova.com/sport/story/sm_783457.html

    Regards! Stephen

    Tags:

  2. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 08:37:42 +0100, Steve McGinty <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote:

    >"Lance Armstrong has been named Laureus World Sportsman of the Year in Monte Carlo..... Armstrong
    >won the Tour de France for the fourth successive time in 2002 after beating cancer."
    >
    >http://www.ananova.com/sport/story/sm_783457.html

    This is very scary. I clicked on your link above, Steve, then popped into the kitchen to pour myself
    another cup of coffee. On returning, I saw the photo of Lance's face from a distance and thought
    "Tony Blair".

    Perhaps even worse, on scrolling down the page I thought Paula Radcliffe's hubby was Jean-Claude
    Van Damme.

    Time for some therapy, methinks.

    James

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 22 May 2003 15:32:54 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Time for some therapy, methinks.

    Two pints of therapy please barman.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    > On Thu, 22 May 2003 15:32:54 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Time for some therapy, methinks.
    >
    > Two pints of therapy please barman.

    Sorry, gents, time.

    --