World Champ Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Feb 11, 2003
I was in the park yesterday afternoon. Training, minding my own business (I was wearing Cipollini's World Champion kit) I didn't use the Rudy Project world champ glasses as I thought might be over the top.

AnywayI had 2 guys ride up to me and tell me that I might want to wear something else next time as there is a vet world champ who trains there on a tuesday and thursday.

They pointed out to me that it is a little insulting to someone who earned the rainbow jersey, for someone who bought it to wear it! Hey I reckon stiff S#$T! I will wear what I like. It is not a race, training in the park so I can wear what I like.

They weren't too happy about my opinion. Why is there such a big fuss about a Jersey! If this is the case then why do manufactures sell these items? I have 2 sets, one I wear, and one I have kept int he plastic as I collect limited editon cycling kits.

I don't wear the white world champ kit too often as the white lycra gets see through when it gets wet!

:rolleyes:

Act like Super Mario would ... tell them to get stuffed and mind their own business ...

"Super Mario" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was in the park yesterday afternoon. Training, minding my own business (I was wearing
> Cipollini's World Champion kit) I didn't use the Rudy Project world champ glasses as I thought
> might be over the top.
>
> AnywayI had 2 guys ride up to me and tell me that I might want to wear something else next time as
> there is a vet world champ who trains there on a tuesday and thursday.
>
> They pointed out to me that it is a little insulting to someone who earned the rainbow jersey, for
> someone who bought it to wear it! Hey I reckon stiff S#$T! I will wear what I like. It is not a
> race, training in the park so I can wear what I like.
>
> They weren't too happy about my opinion. Why is there such a big fuss about a Jersey! If this is
> the case then why do manufactures sell these items? I have 2 sets, one I wear, and one I have kept
> int he plastic as I collect limited editon cycling kits.
>
> I don't wear the white world champ kit too often as the white lycra gets see through when it
> gets wet!
>
> :rolleyes:
>
>
>
> --
> I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with
anyone who says I am!
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

"chickasmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Act like Super Mario would ... tell them to get stuffed and mind their own business ...
>
>

Unless it's uphill, then Super Mario bursts into tears, gets all Italian, packs it in, goes home and
complains he never gets asked to the TdF.............

> I was in the park yesterday afternoon. Training, minding my own business (I was wearing
> Cipollini's World Champion kit) I didn't use the Rudy Project world champ glasses as I thought
> might be over the top.
>
> AnywayI had 2 guys ride up to me and tell me that I might want to wear something else next time as
> there is a vet world champ who trains there on a tuesday and thursday.
>
> They pointed out to me that it is a little insulting to someone who earned the rainbow jersey, for
> someone who bought it to wear it! Hey I reckon stiff S#$T! I will wear what I like. It is not a
>
> They weren't too happy about my opinion. Why is there such a big fuss about a Jersey! If this is
> the case then why do manufactures sell these items? I have 2 sets, one I wear, and one I have kept
> int he plastic as I collect limited editon cycling kits.
>
> I don't wear the white world champ kit too often as the white lycra gets see through when it
> gets wet!
>
> :rolleyes:
>
>

F*^k them....

Remind them that imitation is the best form of flatery and he would be proud.. not insulted!!!

Karl

>
>
> the case then why do manufactures sell these items?

Wear what you like. Manufacturers make them just for guys like you. I would suggest this would make
an excellent jersey to race in. Wear it at your next race and everybody will be jealous

Unless the other guy is actually Mario himself - doesn't that make those guys slightly hypocritical?

Wear it with pride.

My wife wants a US Postal kit, she's no Lance (I found that out on our wedding night:eek: :rolleyes: :D ). Maybe I should just get her a Huffy/Kmart kit instead? No toes to step on there....

Wear what you like, (As long as it's not his normal zebra sapone strip) just be prepared to put up
with the insults. The big fuss is that there is only 1 person in the world who can wear that strip
and it is not you....Better still, go OS and race/train in that strip and see what happens. You will
not get a start in an Open RR wearing a rainbow jersey unless you won it.

Peter Vesel wrote:

> "Super Mario" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> >
> > They pointed out to me that it is a little insulting to someone who earned the rainbow jersey,
> > for someone who bought it to wear it! Hey I reckon stiff S#$T! I will wear what I like. It is
> > not a race, training in the park so I can wear what I like.
> >
> > They weren't too happy about my opinion. Why is there such a big fuss about a Jersey! If this is
> > the case then why do manufactures sell these items?
>
> Wear what you like. Manufacturers make them just for guys like you. I would suggest this would
> make an excellent jersey to race in. Wear it at your next race and everybody will be jealous

"hysend" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Wear what you like, (As long as it's not his normal zebra sapone strip)
> just be prepared to put up with the insults. The big fuss is that there is
> only 1 person in the world who can wear that strip and it is not you....

I think it more accurate to say that only one person has "earned" it.

Besides, this business that it's wrong to wear jerseys that haven't been earned is just way too
gauche; go to Centennial Park on any given day and see how many people are riding around, free
of insult, wearing trade team jerseys they haven't "earned", including KOM and Sprint jerseys
from the TdF.

>Better still, go OS and race/train in that strip and see what happens. start in an Open RR wearing
>a rainbow jersey unless you won it.

I once read a story on rec.bicycling.racing about a guy who raced in a criterium in the US, wearing
a brand-new USPS jersey.......much to his unfortunate embarrassment he had to line-up next to George
Hincapie at the start, who was wearing the same jersey. George merely smiled at the guy, and
complimented him on his good taste.

DM
--
"Long live democracy, free speech and the '69 Mets - all improbable, glorious miracles that I have
always believed in." -Tim Robbins

Originally posted by Mark Lee
Is this Super Mario? http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/cycling.nsf go to Matthew Tabone?

Mark L

Mark can you please not link me to this person!
I am seeking action against Super Mario at this point in time!!!!!

No I'm not this fool SUPER MARIO!

I would appreciate if you could remove me from being associated with him. I have never met this person. If this is some sort of joke, then it is not very funny.

Can my homepage be removed from this forum? I just had a friend ring me and tell me that my homepage has just been linked to this!

I do not, and will not race and behave like this person says! I do not condone any of the staements he makes. I do however have mario's world champion kit.

I am now considering taking action against my name being used in conjunction with this issue

I am a member of the club Marconi. I have never raced the way he has said. I have only won 1 race this year. I have been racing A grade for the past month and have gotten droped every time! I am enjoying myself racing. I would rather get droped trying to win a race than race the way this person does! This person is a coward.

I have enterd 4 opens, all in the Elite catagory! None of this E grade ****!

I would like to see this person banned from the site!

Yeh, why not buy an Olympic gold medal and wear it around your neck. Or perhaps buy some of those
fake military medallions and march on Anzac day with the real ex service men who have the real
medallions.

But then again we all wear team gear but non of us are member of a pro team.

I personally would not wear rainbow, polka dot, green or yellow jersey because I haven't earned
either of them. But I do wear team gear. Hypocrisy? I don't know but that is where I drew the line.

Laz

Super Mario wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>I was in the park yesterday afternoon. Training, minding my own business (I was wearing
>Cipollini's World Champion kit) I didn't use the Rudy Project world champ glasses as I thought
>might be over the top.
>
>AnywayI had 2 guys ride up to me and tell me that I might want to wear something else next time as
>there is a vet world champ who trains there on a tuesday and thursday.
>
>They pointed out to me that it is a little insulting to someone who earned the rainbow jersey, for
>someone who bought it to wear it! Hey I reckon stiff S#$T! I will wear what I like. It is not a
>race, training in the park so I can wear what I like.
>
>They weren't too happy about my opinion. Why is there such a big fuss about a Jersey! If this is
>the case then why do manufactures sell these items? I have 2 sets, one I wear, and one I have kept
>int he plastic as I collect limited editon cycling kits.
>
>I don't wear the white world champ kit too often as the white lycra gets see through when it
>gets wet!
>
>:rolleyes:
>
>
>
>--
>I'm not going to say I'm the greatest cyclist, but I won't disagree with
anyone who says I am!
>
>>--------------------------<
>Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com