World Championships on Australian TV

A

admin

the following was reported on cyclingnews.com its great news for us aussies ;D<br />
<br />World Championships on Australian TV <br />Australian free to air channel SBS, the only free channel to provide regular coverage of cycling throughout the season, will be screening the World Track and Road Championships, as well as the Crocodile Trophy, in the near future. <br /><br />The schedule is as follows: <br /><br />Sunday, October 20 at 11am-12noon<br />2002 UCI World Track Championships. <br /><br />Sunday, October 27 at 11am-12noon<br />2002 UCI World Road Championships. <br /><br />Sunday, November 3 at 11am-12noon<br />2002 Crocodile Trophy <br /><br />There is also rumoured to be a weekly one hour long cycling program in the works. <br /><br />

IMO, the SBS coverage of the World Track Championship last weekend was absolutely ****. They hardly showed any racing, and then it finished half an hour early than advertised (meaning it was only on for half an hour). :'( <br /><br />Let's hope they make amends with this weekend's road coverage :-\

[quote author=ltsop link=board=6;threadid=2510;start=0#21846 date=1035343474]<br />IMO, the SBS coverage of the World Track Championship last weekend was absolutely ****. They hardly showed any racing, and then it finished half an hour early than advertised (meaning it was only on for half an hour). :'( <br /><br />Let's hope they make amends with this weekend's road coverage :-\<br />[/quote]<br /><br />**** yeah......but better than nothing

Yeah, you're probably right there Steve.<br /><br />Fortunately I happened to be in France and Spain for the TdF ;D ;D ;D

[quote author=ltsop link=board=6;threadid=2510;start=0#21848 date=1035350892]<br />Fortunately I happened to be in France and Spain for the TdF ;D ;D ;D<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Now thats a trip we have to do one day :)

And even made it to Paris.<br /><br />The week after the tour finished :(<br />

It was meant to go for an hour but they cut it short because of the "National Day of Mourning" tribute to victims of Bali terrorists attack.

I sent an email to SBS some months ago, begging them to put a weekly cycling programme together. I suggested an hour a week should be easy to fill.<br /><br />If we all send more, maybe the chances will improve.<br /><br />

The Road championships looked good though i missed the men and women TT :mad:. Had a club ride so i got back late. The crocodile trophy looked good too. I wish they would have more on the Herald Sun Tour though as it sounds good but they only have small highlights on world sports. Did you check out the sun tour steve?. I went and check out the noosa crit last week and it was great. Matt White and Alan Davis won in a break away. i got some great pics too.

Nup.....didnt catch any of it, 3 or 4 stages finished with about 80km of my house :( I was to friggen busy ;)<br /><br />The noosa crits are pretty good, you should post your photos to the forum