World class 5 min power clip example

Nice work!

ACDC - now that's more my style....

What's the plan for using all that gas?

Pursuit?

Imagine having a seppo for a coach :eek:.....id be riding that fast to get away from him as well!!

Switching to longer cranks either involved a new SRM altogether or installation of longer arms. Both of which would call for a calibration.

Then again, did the times improve correspondingly with the increase in power?

That is decent, but I've done that climb with an average wattage of 545 and a weight of only 41 kg at the time (yes, 41 kilos). Took me barely over three minutes. I have my 3 year old daugher do repeats on that hill every saturday on her Dora bike and she is down to just under 6 minutes. My brother, the famed marathoner from Liverpool who obliterated in the 04 Olympics has run up it in 3:15.

Skoorb said:
That is decent, but I've done that climb with an average wattage of 545 and a weight of only 41 kg at the time (yes, 41 kilos). Took me barely over three minutes. I have my 3 year old daugher do repeats on that hill every saturday on her Dora bike and she is down to just under 6 minutes. My brother, the famed marathoner from Liverpool who obliterated in the 04 Olympics has run up it in 3:15.

Sounds like you're all Powercrank users.

He just needs to find another 18 seconds and he will be able to stick with Kabush.

TiMan said:
What do you think?

I think you're scum, i think you shouldn't be allowed to coach, and i think you shouldn't have access to this site.

I think your riders cranks are incorrectly calibrated or he has doped under your guidance.

I wish people like you would leave the sport, and go and crawl under a stone. You don't deserve any respect.

For anyone wondering about my thoughts, here's timans admission http://www.cyclingforums.com/t271814.html

I have also made a complaint to Canadian Cycling.

Ric

ric_stern/RST said:
I think your riders cranks are incorrectly calibrated or he has doped under your guidance.
I think the first is more likely, 568 watts should result in something way below 4:50. I'd guess around 505-525 W for the 4:58 climb.

Just look at the numbers:
5:14 <=> 485 W
5:04 <=> 491.5 W
4:58 <=> 568 W

I read his addmission and I'm still wondering about your thoughts. He made a mistake by doping and wrote about it openly in a doping subforum. Is it your intention to prevent that?

ric_stern/RST said:
I think you're scum, i think you shouldn't be allowed to coach, and i think you shouldn't have access to this site.

I wish people like you would leave the sport, and go and crawl under a stone. You don't deserve any respect.

For anyone wondering about my thoughts, here's timans admission http://www.cyclingforums.com/t271814.html

I have also made a complaint to Canadian Cycling.

Ric

wiredued said:
I read his addmission and I'm still wondering about your thoughts. He made a mistake by doping and wrote about it openly in a doping subforum. Is it your intention to prevent that?

He didn't make a mistake, he made a choice. It was his decision to dope, it wasn't an accident or mistake.

Either way, choice or mistake, i don't believe he should be a coach, or anyone in responsibility, or a racer.

Lastly, by the admission on the first page, he wants to help people dope "correctly".

He's scum.

Ric

ric_stern/RST said:
He didn't make a mistake, he made a choice. It was his decision to dope, it wasn't an accident or mistake.

Either way, choice or mistake, i don't believe he should be a coach, or anyone in responsibility, or a racer.

Lastly, by the admission on the first page, he wants to help people dope "correctly".

He's scum.

Ric
It sounds like he is wannabe Ferrari. He gives coaches/trainers or any other person working in the fitness industry a bad name

NJK said:
It sounds like he is wannabe Ferrari. He gives coaches/trainers or any other person working in the fitness industry a bad name

Exactly, and now that we know he's tainted we have no idea about his riders he coaches. Plus, there could be impressionable people reading who are impressed because his rider managed so many watts.

Further, if you've ever been in a race and suffering because some idiot has doped... or as a coach you've had riders beaten because of dopes.

Great, he's fessed up. now tell him to pay the money back to the people he cheated and give the accolades to people he unfairly beat, and then let him f--k off.

If his health is compromised in later life because of drugs (e.g., kidney failure or low testosterone levels) then he places a burden on his health service (i've no idea in Canada, whether you pay or there's a free health service like the UK). So he overstretches the health service, or unfairly loads people's health insurance.

Ric