World Cycling Track Championships

Andrew Howes

Guest
I read a few weeks ago that the above event might be transferred to Manchester, from Beijing - due
to the SARS outbreak.

Does anyone know of any update on that please.

Andy Howes Leicester UK

In article <[email protected]>, "Andrew Howes"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I read a few weeks ago that the above event might be transferred to Manchester, from Beijing - due
> to the SARS outbreak.
>
> Does anyone know of any update on that please.
>
> Andy Howes Leicester UK

UCI | PRESS RELEASE / COMMUNIQUE DE PRESSE:
09.05.2003 : Aigle, SUI TRACK 2003 AND ROAD 2007 : THE CITY OF STUTTGART WILL HOST THE WORLD
CHAMPIONSHIPS :

The 2003 Track World Championships, initially to be held in Shenzen China from July 30 to August
3rd, will take place in Stuggart, Germany, during the same week.

The definite program for competitions to be held in the Schleyer Halle, where World Championships
already took place in 1991, will be defined soon.

Within the frame of positive negotiations with the German Federation (BDR) and local authorities,
the UCI has also attributed to Stuttgart, as bidding city, the 2007 Road World Championships.

UCI Press Office / Service de Presse UCI -

Mike Gladu - Cycling Photojournalist & webmaster of "the 'drome"
Email: [email protected] Online: http://www.velodrome.com/
track racing discussion group: [email protected]