World Masters Track Champs

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by warrwych, Jan 29, 2006.

1. warrwych

warrwych New Member

World Masters Track Champs are to be held in Sydney 2007 - 2009!!! WOOHOOOOO WOOHOOO :D Perhaps I can buy a new track bike with money I don't need for the ticket to Manchester ;)

Tags:

2. rooman

rooman New Member

cool eh!!

and three years in a row too, so first up we can humble and bumble, second year get half serious and maybe even stay sober, and third year whammo...ozzies in all top medal positions for all groups....oy oy oy ( forgive me...sudden rush of goanna oil to the head)...

there will be some who might spoil the annual parties by aiming for medals every year...but we could quietly take them aside and encourage them with the Goat manifesto :)

at least at DuncG Velo , its a bit closer than Manchester , maybe not so colourfull and a little further away from Europe than we may like...but well when an event like this comes south of the equator...we have to give it a thumbs up even if its in Siddahly...

Ok, so now we plan ahead and aim for the events with some well thought out goatage sessions, some Tassie Carnivals for practice and a few trips to Bendigo...

so in the other states do what you want, but people in VictoreeYah com on, hit the boards and come out to DISC ( oh yeah, its now called Joe Baloney's place), and get used to power Jumps and flying 200s ...its a hoot, you'll loose 5kgs in one summer night , just remember to bring your own soap, paper hand towells, toot paper, dinner/drinks/snacks, floor wipes and splinter vacuums , oh and personal air conditioner....and get some track miles into the legs...all you have to do is keep up your strength getting there (but that's another story)..

masters track worlds 3 consecutive years down under......woohoo

roo

3. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

We like that. Hrmmm, a WoJ/Goatage push here, or should we plan a future visit up to Sydney?!?

Next Goat: Feb 10th. Should be there this time, the heat & humidity knocked me fer six. Now going wildly OT, check the PubBUG list for a inspiring/interesting competition... yes there's beerage + photographic skillz involved!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pub_bug/ :D :D :D :D

4. warrwych

warrwych New Member

I figure they are cleaning out all stocks and supplies at the JOEDROME before the Comm Games people take over. ;) Maybe they are hoping the Comm Games guys will leave some of their special Games loo paper behind in sympathy???? hehe :D

5. rooman

rooman New Member

yeah, the JoeDrome is a good name, I am glad they didnt name it the Sid Patterson Velodrome as it doesnt warrant his name , he was far too good a cyclist and cycling great to be associated with this place as it is now... dont get me wrong the track is built very well...the let downs are the management of the building - virtually non-existent, the design of the facillities, where everything is away from the cyclists and access is limited, especially with no central loos. The duck boards are cheap and disintegrating, the track hasnt been cleaned, the place is a summer sweatbox, a dust bowl and many accidents are caused by sliding wheels from dust/dirt collection and blowouts by splinters from the duck boards. Minimal seating, parking and no food when you want it, especially at events they run there, the bowling club may like the business for food, but it isnt always open, available or in synch with the JoeDrome....dohh! ( but I joined the Bowlo anyway just to ensure access when I want it if they try and keep me out as a cyclist non member!!)

Hopefully CSV may learn a thing or two about managing the place during the CG tenure for training and the CG Bowls events as well..I'm sure the riders there will let them know soon enough, as soon as they get over puzzling why the middle of the JoeDrome is a blue carpet no go zone.

We can only hope for better things, as I fear that in the not too distant future the velo at Vodafone will be ripped out and we'll not get a decent replacement whilst the JoeDrome exists.

It needs a commercial concession of a track supplies shop, with cafe and parts and training all rolled into one, with a bar too for the gigs, they could run an event every week and make good dosh, summer and winter, if the place had decent toilets, and ventilation/cooling heating. But its a bit like a camel, not only designed by a committee, run by it still and with a few ego tripping fogies hanging around "in loco parentis" slipping all over the humps.

soapbox dismantled...ciao

Roo "not a fan of JoeDrome" (in its present dishevelled state) !

6. warrwych

warrwych New Member

Here! Here! I totally agree and have thought that a track supplies shop would be a matter of course (but where would they put it??) Silly me.

I was there on Sunday - no loo paper, no food, limited beverage/water facilities, duck board falling to bits, a swelter box, etc etc

I reckon that CSV has a deal going with Subway ;)

The place has much potential going to waste.