World Naked Bike Ride

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    A group in NZ is organising a ride but so far no one in Australia.
    Personally I think OUCH and it'd probably be a bit cold, too... but the
    website is pretty funny.

    http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.html

    Tamyka

    Tags:

  2. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > A group in NZ is organising a ride but so far no one in Australia.
    > Personally I think OUCH and it'd probably be a bit cold, too... but
    > the website is pretty funny.
    >
    > http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.html

    June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet Hippy'd be up for it.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Drs June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I be
    >Hippy'd be up for it

    hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I shoul
    swap to wearing 'nix' :

    hipp

    -

  4. "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > A group in NZ is organising a ride but so far no one in Australia.
    > > Personally I think OUCH and it'd probably be a bit cold, too... but
    > > the website is pretty funny.
    > >
    > > http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.html

    > June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet Hippy'd be up for it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > A: Top-posters.
    > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

    I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a pretty sight!)
    It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a bonus lap if you did one naked.

    Marty

    A: People that carry on about top posters.

  5. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:05 +0000, hippy wrote:

    > hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should
    > swap to wearing 'nix' :)

    But think of all that extra shaving ;)

    -kt

    --
    Kingsley Turner,
    (mailto: [email protected])

  6. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > that's just wrong...

    So is top posting.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

  8. wassupdawg

    wassupdawg Guest

    A: Starts with...
    B: Who is the most annoying thing on Usenet

    -

  9. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

  10. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in news:40bf2389$0$1585
    [email protected]:

    > so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

    So when you said "that's just wrong" that wasn't your opinion? Were you
    posting it for someone else?

    Graeme

  11. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

    It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been for
    many years.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  12. Ray

    Ray Guest

    A. Netcops

    says...

    > A: Top-posters.
    > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  13. Ken Oaf

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:24:39 +0800, "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a pretty sight!)
    > It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a bonus lap if you did one naked.

    Lucky you didn't come off. Imagine the gravel rash!

  14. kingsley wrote:

    > On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:05 +0000, hippy wrote:
    >
    > > hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should
    > > swap to wearing 'nix' :)

    > But think of all that extra shaving ;)

    But I don't shave at the top end now!
    Why should I shave the bottom end?

  15. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Dr
    >> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrot
    >> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others...

    >It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has bee
    >for many years

    The problem is that many people aren't posting to a.b from a newsreade
    nowadays. Many don't even know what usenet is and would certainly not b
    aware of top/bottom posting

    It doesn't help that one of the most common newsreader (OE) basicall
    sets users up for top-posting

    Personally, I don't care if it's top or bottom, so long as it'
    consistent and easily readable. The thing is, this is the internet an
    anyone can choose to ignore what _I_ want..

    Break the shackles, I say, type vertically!! ;-

    hipp

    -

  16. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Drs wrote:
    > It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been
    > for many years.

    kinda wierd that your the one quoting etiquette tho, aint i

    -

  17. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    "Andrew Morris" wrote
    > so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

    Emm, that's what usenet is all about Morris.

    Theo

  18. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Just heard a story on JJJ news about a Dutch church group protestin
    about the Naked Bike ride as it will be on the same day/location a
    their yewf charity rid

    -