World Naked Bike Ride

>Originally posted by Drs June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet
>Hippy'd be up for it.

hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should
swap to wearing 'nix' :)

hippy

--

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > A group in NZ is organising a ride but so far no one in Australia.
> > Personally I think OUCH and it'd probably be a bit cold, too... but
> > the website is pretty funny.
> >
> > http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.html

> June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet Hippy'd be up for it.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a pretty sight!)
It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a bonus lap if you did one naked.

Marty

A: People that carry on about top posters.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:05 +0000, hippy wrote:

> hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should
> swap to wearing 'nix' :)

But think of all that extra shaving ;)

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: [email protected])

Drs wrote:
> So is top posting.

Can not find any reference to top posting between tobacco or torture,

<http://www.genevaconventions.org>

--

Back to topic, check out the cute graphics...
<http://www.ciclonudista.net>

--

A: Starts with...
B: Who is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

--

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in news:40bf2389$0$1585
[email protected]:

> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

So when you said "that's just wrong" that wasn't your opinion? Were you
posting it for someone else?

Graeme

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been for
many years.

--

A: Top-posters.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:24:39 +0800, "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a pretty sight!)
> It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a bonus lap if you did one naked.

Lucky you didn't come off. Imagine the gravel rash!

kingsley wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:05 +0000, hippy wrote:
>
> > hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should
> > swap to wearing 'nix' :)

> But think of all that extra shaving ;)

But I don't shave at the top end now!
Why should I shave the bottom end?

>Originally posted by Drs
>> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote
>> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

>It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been
>for many years.

The problem is that many people aren't posting to a.b from a newsreader
nowadays. Many don't even know what usenet is and would certainly not be
aware of top/bottom posting.

It doesn't help that one of the most common newsreader (OE) basically
sets users up for top-posting.

Personally, I don't care if it's top or bottom, so long as it's
consistent and easily readable. The thing is, this is the internet and
anyone can choose to ignore what _I_ want...

Break the shackles, I say, type vertically!! ;-)

hippy

--

Drs wrote:
> It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and has been
> for many years.

kinda wierd that your the one quoting etiquette tho, aint it

--

"Andrew Morris" wrote
> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

Emm, that's what usenet is all about Morris.

Theo

Just heard a story on JJJ news about a Dutch church group protesting
about the Naked Bike ride as it will be on the same day/location as
their yewf charity ride