World Naked Bike Ride

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> You did just that here. I was minding my own business when you
>> chose to start your nonsense.

> Ah, no, you began it, with your statement "And so is top-posting"

So don't top-post and you won't get called on it.

> <snip>
>
>> Yes, you can choose to show the readers of this news group the
>> respect and consideration they deserve or you can choose to top
>> post. You cannot choose both. Those options are mutually exclusive.

> Well, unfortunately, I'm not the individual, who has been filling the
> newsgroup with unrelated nonsense. This newsgroup is about cycling,
> not newsgroup etiquette.

You chose to make an issue of the fact that not only had you breached news
group etiquette but you were proud of your selfishness and planned on doing
it in future. That makes it a relevant topic to this group because top
posting has never been accepted here and hopefully never will.

> As for respect, I'd much appreciate it, if
> of the 300 thread items I downloaded this evening, over 100 hadn't
> been you *****ing about whether it is right or wrong to top post.
> Where is YOUR respect for the other users of this forum? You have

I always properly format my posts. Whether you like what I write or loathe
it I endeavour to always make it as easy as possible for any reader to
understand it.

> none, do you? You're shameless, you've an opinion you're only too
> willing to express, you're abusive, and you know what? You can't
> even voice your opinion as yourself, you have to make all your
> childish noise, from behind a pseudonym.

Strawman. Whether or not I use my name has nothing whatsoever to do with
the rights or wrongs of the case.

> Top posting and respect are
> not mutually exclusive. Offtopic nonsense, and respect, yes.

Top-posting and respect for others are absolutely mutually exclusive. The
considerate author always puts the relevant cited material before the
response.

>>> Perhaps there is a nation elsewhere, that will accomodate your
>>> anti-top posting views, and pass a law forbidding it??

>> It's already against Usenet etiquette. The question is maybe
>> there's a place for you newbies to practice your posting perversions
>> on each other.

> Yes, and last time I checked, etiquette is not the same as law, it is
> a guideline.

It's stronger than just a guideline. It's what makes the whole Usenet
experience workable. When you top post you are imposing on every reader.
It's rude, it's selfish and it's completely unnecessary.

[...]

> This is entirely off topic for aus.bicycle.

As long as selfish, stupid ***** try to top post in this group it is
relevant to this group.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> writes:

> there's nothing WRONG with top posting...

There is plenty wrong with top posting. It makes the articals posted
hard to read.

> it's your view, pal... get over it, get off the soapbox, and accept that you
> have a view that is not shared by the greater internet community.

The greater internet community prefurs bottem posting.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ca482j$e83> As
usual you've got the wrong end of the stick. I didn't start this but
> that's no reason for me not to finish it. Top posting has never been
> acceptable in this news group. If you want people to give it a rest then

go
> after the troublemakers, not me.

I've seen almost nobody else squeak about top or bottom posting with the
vehemence you display. How can you state that "top posting has never been
acceptable inthis news group" when you seem to be in the minority?

I repeat my call for you to provide references to back your claim that top
poosting is wrong in the majority view. By references I don't mean the links
you've posted that merely reflect your point of view. If you can show,
using, for example, a survey with a significant sample size, that a majority
of usenet users find top posting unacceptable, perhaps you can gain some
credibility and we can all stand corrected. You can than have the high moral
ground since it seems to mean so much to you while the rest of us don't care
very much.

Frank (amazed at myself that I take the time to comment on such
trivialities!)

"DRS" wrote
> I looked up "whiner"in the dictionary. It had your picture.

Why am I not surprised you have a 'picture' dictionary.

Theo

"Plodder" wrote
> I repeat my call for you to provide references to back your claim that top
> poosting is wrong in the majority view.

Well, I think top 'poosting' is wrong.

:)

Theo

Oh look, more whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Oh look, more whining.

> I haven't whined once, unlike yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Oh look, more whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Oh look, more whining.

> I haven't whined once, unlike yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Oh look, more whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Oh look, more whining.

> I haven't whined once, unlike yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Oh look, more whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Oh look, more whining.

> I haven't whined once, unlike yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Oh look, more whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Oh look, more whining.

> I haven't whined once, unlike yourself.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh look, more whining.

There can't be more when there weas never any in the first place.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh look, more whining.

There can't be more when there weas never any in the first place.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh look, more whining.

There can't be more when there weas never any in the first place.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh look, more whining.

There can't be more when there weas never any in the first place.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Oh look, more whining.

There can't be more when there weas never any in the first place.

--

A: Top-posters.

Oh look, more whining.