World Naked Bike Ride

>Originally posted by Drs
>June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet Hippy'd be
>up for it.

hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks... maybe I should swap to wearing 'nix' :)

hippy

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > A group in NZ is organising a ride but so far no one in
> > Australia. Personally I think OUCH and it'd probably be
> > a bit cold, too... but the website is pretty funny.
> >
> > http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.html
>
> June 12. Naked. They are insane. But I bet Hippy'd be
> up for it.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a pretty
sight!) It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a bonus
lap if you did one naked.

Marty

A: People that carry on about top posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and
has been for many years.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

>Originally posted by Drs
>>"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote
>> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....
>
>It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and
>has been for many years.

The problem is that many people aren't posting to a.b from a newsreader nowadays. Many don't even know what usenet is and would certainly not be aware of top/bottom posting.

It doesn't help that one of the most common newsreader (OE) basically sets users up for top-posting.

Personally, I don't care if it's top or bottom, so long as it's consistent and easily readable. The thing is, this is the internet and anyone can choose to ignore what _I_ want...

Break the shackles, I say, type vertically!! ;-)

hippy

Originally posted by Drs
It's not just my personal opinion. It's Usenet etiquette and
has been for many years.

kinda wierd that your the one quoting etiquette tho, aint it

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:24:39 +0800, "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've done 12 km of a mountain bike race naked. (Not a
> pretty sight!) It was part of a 12 hour race and you got a
> bonus lap if you did one naked.

Lucky you didn't come off. Imagine the gravel rash!

kingsley wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:05 +0000, hippy wrote:
>
> > hehe.. Well I do get a bit of chaffing in my knicks...
> > maybe I should swap to wearing 'nix' :)
>
> But think of all that extra shaving ;)

But I don't shave at the top end now! Why should I shave the
bottom end?

Just heard a story on JJJ news about a Dutch church group protesting about the Naked Bike ride as it will be on the same day/location as their yewf charity ride

"Andrew Morris" wrote
> so is pushing your personal opinion upon others....

Emm, that's what usenet is all about Morris.

Theo