World Naked Bike Ride

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> just add him/her to your kill file...
>
> I've never seen anything of worthy content posted by him/her anyway...

That's because you can't read.

> the greater part of the world has no issue with top posting. I for

The greater part of the Usenet world has always had a problem with top
posting. It's against Usenet etiquette as anyone who has been around as
long as you claim to have been already knows.

--

A: Top-posters.

news:[email protected]

You are a stupid, selfish ****.

--

A: Top-posters.

Comments inline!

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > just add him/her to your kill file...
> >
> > I've never seen anything of worthy content posted by him/her anyway...

> That's because you can't read.

Dont know about that, but I can construct sentences, as well as interpret
them...

> > the greater part of the world has no issue with top posting. I for

> The greater part of the Usenet world has always had a problem with top
> posting. It's against Usenet etiquette as anyone who has been around as
> long as you claim to have been already knows.

<Snip>

Yep, and over the last 10 years, how much has the internet changed?
Considerably, and if you're not prepared to move with the times, press the
disconnect button, power down the system, and take it back to the store...
You've not got the intelligence required to own or operate a computer.

here endeth the soapbox session.

I sincerely hope that I never have the displeasure of meeting you...

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

[...]

>>> the greater part of the world has no issue with top posting. I for

>> The greater part of the Usenet world has always had a problem with
>> top posting. It's against Usenet etiquette as anyone who has been
>> around as long as you claim to have been already knows.

> <Snip>
>
> Yep, and over the last 10 years, how much has the internet changed?

The only thing about Usenet that has changed is the number of ignorant
newbies who know nothing about Usenet etiquette, what it is and why it has
evolved as it has. Giving in to ignorance is not an option.

> Considerably, and if you're not prepared to move with the times,
> press the disconnect button, power down the system, and take it back
> to the store... You've not got the intelligence required to own or
> operate a computer.

Since I clearly do both you're wrong yet again. In fact, I've been an IT
professional for over twenty years.

> here endeth the soapbox session.
>
> I sincerely hope that I never have the displeasure of meeting you...

That's the first sensible thing you've said. The feeling is entirely
mutual.

--

A: Top-posters.

Poor DRS, if only you had a clue.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > No, I won't killfile him I've just now made it my policy in this NG
> > to top post.
> >
> > There is nothing more pathetic than someone so obsessed by a trivial
> > detail like top posting that they feel a need to put it in their sig.
> >
> > The obvious response to such a sad person is to top post.

> You are a stupid, selfish ****.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Its funny to see someone who thinks having been on usenet for 10 years is an
achievement.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]

> [...]
> >>
> >> The greater part of the Usenet world has always had a problem with
> >> top posting. It's against Usenet etiquette as anyone who has been
> >> around as long as you claim to have been already knows.

> > <Snip>
> >
> > Yep, and over the last 10 years, how much has the internet changed?

> The only thing about Usenet that has changed is the number of ignorant
> newbies who know nothing about Usenet etiquette, what it is and why it has
> evolved as it has. Giving in to ignorance is not an option.
>
> > Considerably, and if you're not prepared to move with the times,
> > press the disconnect button, power down the system, and take it back
> > to the store... You've not got the intelligence required to own or
> > operate a computer.

> Since I clearly do both you're wrong yet again. In fact, I've been an IT
> professional for over twenty years.
>
> > here endeth the soapbox session.
> >
> > I sincerely hope that I never have the displeasure of meeting you...

> That's the first sensible thing you've said. The feeling is entirely
> mutual.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

You ARE whining you pathetic turd.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > But why do you whine about it?

> I don't, ********.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Its funny to see someone who thinks having been on usenet for 10
> years is an achievement.

I know, but at least it gives him some sense of achievement.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Poor DRS, if only you had a clue.

I'm more clued in than you're capable of being.

--

A: Top-posters.

"L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You ARE whining you pathetic turd.

No, I'm not. I didn't even start this little fracas.

--

A: Top-posters.

You just don't get do you?

The endless preaching in your signature is paramount to whining.
A never ending irritation.

You hate top posters? I hate NETCOPS.

Manual filing systems always have the newest items on top. People deal
with that everyday and manage.

I personally can tolerate top or bottom postings and in fact prefer NOT
to have to re-read stuff stated read before, especially when messages
open like normal files with the top shown first. IMHO, bottom posting
encourages RSI of the index finger using a wheel mouse.
More important is that if you should jump into a thread mid-stream that
sufficient quoting is retained to make any comment meaningful.

Usenet is anarchy. If you want to control others, join a moderated forum
and be a moderator. Forcing opinions on others is doomed to failure on
usenet.

says...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > You ARE whining you pathetic turd.

> No, I'm not. I didn't even start this little fracas.

Can we assume from both you gentlemen (assumption:D ) that you are
either both doing the nude ride or at very least typing your boring tete
a tete in the buff?

--

yawn

Now back to topic, think this similiar to the last story. Had a better
link but can't find it at present,

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/06/04/dutch.bike.reut/

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (Reuters) -- A planned nudist bicycle tour in the
Netherlands' so-called "Bible Belt" has upset local church officials who
are holding their own youth charity bike ride the same day.

--

You jumped in all ad hom you dumb ****.

"OK, who slipped me the moron magnet?"

A whiner with no memory?

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > You ARE whining you pathetic turd.

> No, I'm not. I didn't even start this little fracas.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> You are wrong. Top posting is wrong and that is the majority Usenet view.

Hmmm... do you have references, stats or anything else to back that
statement? For example, by what majority do Usenet people prefer bottom
posting? What is the sample size of any survey quoted? etc, etc, ect...

All I'm asking is that you supply similar backup to your tatements to that
which you demand of others.

Cheers,

Frank

Yet you still whine incessantly about things you simply cannot change. sad.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Poor DRS, if only you had a clue.

> I'm more clued in than you're capable of being.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Poor DRS still whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky65@delete_me.netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Its funny to see someone who thinks having been on usenet for 10
> > years is an achievement.

> I know, but at least it gives him some sense of achievement.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

More whining.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > there's nothing WRONG with top posting...
> >
> > it's your view, pal... get over it, get off the soapbox, and accept
> > that you have a view that is not shared by the greater internet
> > community.

> You are wrong. Top posting is wrong and that is the majority Usenet view.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Wow, I felt really important when I logged on and saw shitloads of
Call me Helen. Sorry all.

Wow this is amazing, it's kind of like one of those chess grand masters
playing simultaneous games against 20 people. I'm in awe of DR's ability
to keep track of who has been insulted, who is yet to be insulted but
needs to, and who needs to be insulted again.

DaveB (deliberately top posted just for the fun of it, I'll taunt DRS
but I draw the line at actually bothering to respond to the rubbish
opinions)