World On Wheels - Kickstarter Campaign

WorldOnWheels

Feb 25, 2014
Here is my whole campaign from kickstarter, a site geared towards making others dreams come true, along with you yourself receiving something in return. I promote that you go to (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/worldonwheels/the-world-on-wheels?ref=live) for the full story WITH PICTURES of the route I have roughly mapped out as well as to donate. I hope you give this a chance and make one man's dream come true. Cheers
smile.gif

everyday campaign. I'm not just selling you one simple project, one thing for you to experience and then that's all the money goes towards. The World on Wheels is a project geared towards world exploration. It is about one man's adventure across the globe by bicycle shared with the world. It is an interactive quest to explore the magnificent land on earth and the cultures that inhabit it.

attachment.php

Introduction
I've always been a fan of getting straight to the point so here it is: The World on Wheels isn't your typical, average, everyday campaign. I'm not just selling you one simple project, one thing for you to experience and then that's all the money goes towards. The World on Wheels is a project geared towards world exploration. It is about one man's adventure across the globe by bicycle shared with the world. It is an interactive quest to explore the magnificent land on earth and the cultures that inhabit it. Emotional Blurb: Not going to lie when I say that currently I'm going to school for reasons which I do not even know. I'm not excited about what I am currently doing. I feel as if it isn't what I was meant to or what I should be doing and that that this adventure will create a much needed spark in my life. Bringing me enlightenment as well as yourself (through experiencing the journey with me). Other things about me: Just your typical, average, everyday guy who is willing to try and make a difference in this world. Passionate about sports, the outdoors and exploration. I will eat anything and everything on site, as well as not being afraid to put myself into some pretty insane scenarios.

The Route

attachment.php

By cycling the world it not only allows me to experience the landscape at a slow steady pace but it also allows me to meld with the local cultures and really get to experience them. Which you will too with the help of a Go Pro video camera and a standard HD camera.
The beauty of this adventure is that it can change drastically at ANY point. I want to see the Great Wall of China? Done. Ride by Everest? Done. Eat exotic food in Thailand? Double done.

Duration: 4 Years (approximately, could be a lot faster)

Length: 40,000 Miles

Of course I know this will be a long, tough journey and that most of you may think I will never possibly be able to complete. And that is nothing but false (the completion part). I have a deep passion for adventure and I am positive that the highs will make up for the lows endured through out the quest across the globe.

You may be wondering, what in the heck are my donations going towards? Well, here is a list:
•Gear and accommodations (living on about $5 a day, for about 4 WHOLE years). Gear will be dependent upon equipment sponsors and of course my kit list is in development currently. Too much planning can never hurt eh?
•Visa expenses
•Creating/Maintaining the website (which will be updated in real-time and have chances for live chat sessions while traveling)
•The Photo-book creation at the end of the journey
•Any random/fun/exotic things you kickstarters want me to do!

Most importantly though, it is going towards something to connect you to the world you may be too afraid to adventure into for whatever your reasons may be. A website, photo journey, etc that you can pop up in the morning when you're drinking your coffee, share with your family or interact with online. The possibilities are endless and suggestions to how it could be different are encouraged!

Talk about getting your money's worth eh?

The story of this journey, as it is documented can as well be used for educational purposes in the classroom setting too! Wow!

Interactive
This journey isn't about me taking a leisurely cycle across the globe, it is about me being a messenger for the world people don't get to see. I will be the connection between you and the people I meet.Through your donations I can bring your name all over the world and with my blog I can bring back the world's stories to you. Blog entries, coupled with photo galleries will be uploaded daily to keep you constantly in the loop.

The Photo-Book

The photo-book is a way that even people who are not linked to this campaign can continue to learn about the world and enjoy my hopefully fantastic journey even after it concludes. It will consist of picture after picture with blog-like blurbs featured somewhere upon it to give the reader a back story as to what's going on, where and when it's happening.

Stage 1: Cycle around the world and take wonderful jaw dropping inspiring photos (Detailed record taking as to what I am capturing in the photos, the story behind them and significance of it)

Stage 2: Compile the best photos

Stage 3: With the help of the publisher, create a photo book which will bring to life the cultures of the world.

Stage 4: Send the photo books to you for your viewing pleasure !

Sponsorship

If anyone out there is looking at this page and instead would like to donate gear towards my expedition, then feel free to contact me and we can arrange something as well (provided that I get fully funded first). And we can look into having your company's name printed on the back of the World On Wheels t-shirts. This type of sponsorship would be greatly appreciated and would make a huge impact in my adventure.

Conclusion

I'm not going to lie, there is going to be a bazillion hiccups along the way, things that will deter me from my path but you can trust me when I say that, "I will follow through with everything on this kickstarter and then some." Lastly, I hope that you will consider this page, it is so much more than just a cycle around the world. It is about the people of the world and truly having an experience with all of them. Thank you, and hopefully we can get the World on Wheels !