World Track Championships

Originally posted by steve
Are any of you guys going to the track titles this week?

I'll be there for the Sunday session - the Madison will be cool!

SBS starts broadcasting live, nightly from 7pm tonight until Sunday.

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
I'll be there for the Sunday session - the Madison will be cool!

SBS starts broadcasting live, nightly from 7pm tonight until Sunday.

hippy

Good stuff, madisons are wicked to watch.

Originally posted by steve
Are any of you guys going to the track titles this week?

Tonight and Saturday....dream result would be gold for Kel tonight in the kilo and gold for the TP boyz on Saturday. I'm expecting to have no voice left for work tomorrow!!

French have got off to a flyer, their sprinters looking incredible last night.

Anyone know what the French team have done with their old Look Kg396s. They had them at the Sydney World Cup but rode a newer version at Worlds in Melbourne. Damn they're nice bikes!

Originally posted by gboff
Anyone know what the French team have done with their old Look Kg396s. They had them at the Sydney World Cup but rode a newer version at Worlds in Melbourne. Damn they're nice bikes!

The Look PKV track frames are very hard to find on the retail market. All the info you'll get from the Look website is a suggested retail range in euros and I'm yet to find an on-line Look stockist who is showing them as an item.

Seriously high-end kit, along with those Comete discs and Io front wheels.

the Kg 396 makes me want to become a Frenchman. Whats happening to those? Anyone can send one my way. Anyone??

I noticed Benny K rode one in the kilo last week. Not sure how long he has been using it but i know he had problems with the stem at the nationals. Apparently they are one of the stiffest bikes ever! But they r quite heavy at the same time...... the new one is supposed to have lost huge amounts of weight from the old one with a new name aswell. I think it is a 496 now not the old 396. check this out. http://www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/look_clignet

Originally posted by drewjc
I noticed Benny K rode one in the kilo last week. Not sure how long he has been using it but i know he had problems with the stem at the nationals. Apparently they are one of the stiffest bikes ever! But they r quite heavy at the same time...... the new one is supposed to have lost huge amounts of weight from the old one with a new name aswell. I think it is a 496 now not the old 396. check this out. http://www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/look_clignet

Yep...that's the new one that seems to be standard issue to the French team only at this stage.
The old PKV was something like 3.5kgs, but stiffer than anything. Would no doubt be sturdy enough to emerge unscathed from the inevitable touchdowns at high speed too.

Originally posted by taras0000
jens fiedler also has a 496 to himself

gboff should buy his...he's retiring at the end of the season.