World Youth Day 2011 Spain and Northern Africa

circleofpoo

Jun 13, 2010
Hi guys!

I am a 23 year old, Catholic, Western Canadian gal planning to attend World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid (Christian/Catholic celebration of faith to take place mid August 2011). Any one else on here planning to go to WYD 2011??

From there I'd love to tour Northern Africa a bit, maybe go from Morocco all the way to the Holy Land in the Middle East. I should have funds to stay on the road for about a year, budgeting about $30/day, so the journey could extend longer and further than that (probably head East, towards Iran and all those other "dangerous" places) if i still feel up for it by that time :)

This would be my first extended long distance bike journey, and I would plan to do mostly my own cooking and camping. I would like to focus more on enjoying the journey than on going super fast, but then again, I think I'd still like to keep moving quite reasonably.

I'd like to think I'm tough, and quite capable of great things. I've pushed myself physically, mentally and emotionally and seen great results in the past, but never for this sport/lifestyle. As a teammate, I am always very encouraging and sometimes annoyingly cheerful, and I work hard.

If you think you would like to join me on this journey for all or parts of it, please let me know! It would be awesome to find a companion to share this experience with and be my best friend while I'm abroad.

If you can't join me, but have done a similar journey in the past and have any advice, I welcome any wisdom you'd be willing to part!

Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] if interested. (Please include a subject line so I don't accidentally delete it thinking it's junk mail)

Thanks!

Rachel