World's lightest and smallest bicycle (A-bike)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Do you seen a world's lightest and smallest bicycle,
    With a weight of only 5.5 kg (12 lbs), Innovative design to create this
    unique lightweight folding bicycle.

    A-bike Video
    http://www.abike-shop.com/abike_live_showcase.htm

    So Fun Product !

    :>

    Tags:

  2. di

    di Guest

  3. di wrote:

    > Who would pay $400 for something as worthless as this thing?

    Exclusivity?

    I'd be more likely to pay $400 for that than pay $400 for a spoiler for
    a Mini or something. (Which also isn't very likely, but still...

    I wonder what it's gear-inch setup is. The web site is surprisingly
    info-free.

  4. landotter

    landotter Guest

    those mudguards/fender must add a craaazy 13 or 18 grams!11!!1! :p

    Seriously, it might have some niche application, but that wheel size is
    scary.

    Belt drive??

  5. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On 28 Mar 2006 17:47:32 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Do you seen a world's lightest and smallest bicycle,
    >With a weight of only 5.5 kg (12 lbs), Innovative design to create this
    >unique lightweight folding bicycle.
    >
    >A-bike Video
    >http://www.abike-shop.com/abike_live_showcase.htm

    Tiny wheels able to jam on obstacles that even a 16" would just bump
    over, a wheelbase so short it would probably leap from under the rider
    on hard acceleration (if hard acceleration is even possible), a
    seatpost that's supported by a hinge that looks like it's probably
    plastic...there's a three-letter word for things like this. Toy.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.