Worlds most uselesss bicycle component!?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call Me Bob, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....

    well at least it won't rust! ;-/

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Call me Bob <[email protected]> said:

    > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988122362

    Mr T will be pleased...

    There was a gold-coloured Dura Ace front mech being auctioned off earlier today. It must have
    finished because I can't find it anymore; perhaps someone, somewhere is busy building the Bike With
    Bling Bling.

    Regards,

    -david

  4. Call me Bob wrote:

    > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....

    Rohloff have two models (8 & 9 speed), but at a much higher price. But they are not listed under
    Chains, you'll find them in the catalogue under Gifts!
    --
    Marten

  5. Ian Markham

    Ian Markham Guest

  6. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

  7. Nick

    Nick Guest

    --------------EA8B218044CBFB4A07818DE6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii;
    x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

    At least it has a purpose, unlike a stand....

    Call me Bob wrote:

    > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988122362
    >
    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

    --------------EA8B218044CBFB4A07818DE6 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

    <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> At least it has a purpose,
    unlike a stand....
    <q><a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988122362">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/-
    ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988122362</a>
    beverage</blockquote> </html>

    --------------EA8B218044CBFB4A07818DE6--

  8. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

  9. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    nick wrote:
    > At least it has a purpose, unlike a stand....

    A couple of years ago I wouldn't have contemplated owning a bike with a stand, terribly naff! Now I
    have two, have realised I Was Wrong About Stands, and they both get plenty of use. They can be very
    handy things. [un]Loading luggage where there isn't a handy kerb to park a pedal against, for
    example, is significantly easier.

    Pete.

    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  10. W K

    W K Guest

    "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Call me Bob wrote:
    > > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....
    >
    > well at least it won't rust! ;-/

    But it'd cost you 150 quid?

  11. Simon Ward

    Simon Ward Guest

    Ian Markham <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sedis used to do gold chains. not real gold, i hasten to add, just gold coloured.
    Ah, but Rohloff did gold chains as well. That's real gold, I hasten to add, not gold coloured. RRP
    was of the order of 150 beer tokens.

    Simon
    --
    Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
    the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and dance than spend longer than they need to at work ..."

  12. David Nutter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Call me Bob <[email protected]> said:
    > >
    > > A gold plated bicycle chain. Good grief....
    > >
    > > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1988122362
    >
    > Mr T will be pleased...
    >
    > There was a gold-coloured Dura Ace front mech being auctioned off earlier today. It must have
    > finished because I can't find it anymore; perhaps someone, somewhere is busy building the Bike
    > With Bling Bling.

    Sounds as though a potential purchaser would need to be interested in
    (a) cycling and (b) chunky gold chains, which means it's an ideal gift for Sir Jimmy Saville!!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  13. Pete White

    Pete White Guest