World's Toughest Half Iron........

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Tacguy, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Tacguy

    Tacguy Guest

    who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
    sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed? How
    about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the California Half
    Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?

    Tags:

  2. Cathy Morgan

    Cathy Morgan Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tacguy) wrote:

    > who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
    > sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed?
    > How about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the California
    > Half Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?

    There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
    CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.

    As for training==hills! Lots of them.

    clm in sf

    --
    [email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email

  3. Tacguy

    Tacguy Guest

    [email protected] (Cathy Morgan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tacguy) wrote:
    >
    > > who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
    > > sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed?
    > > How about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the
    > > California Half Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?
    >
    > There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
    > CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.
    >
    > As for training==hills! Lots of them.
    >
    > clm in sf

    Couldn't find the Xtri link. Can you help?

    Thanks

  4. Tacguy <[email protected]> wrote:
    : [email protected] (Cathy Morgan) wrote in message news:
    <[email protected]>...
    : >
    : > There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
    : > CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.
    : >
    : Couldn't find the Xtri link. Can you help?

    www.xtri.com

    Susan [email protected]

  5. Cathy Morgan

    http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=945

    --
    [email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email