World's Toughest Half Iron........

Tacguy

Guest
who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed? How
about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the California Half
Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tacguy) wrote:

> who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
> sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed?
> How about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the California
> Half Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?

There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.

As for training==hills! Lots of them.

clm in sf

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email

[email protected] (Cathy Morgan) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tacguy) wrote:
>
> > who can give me some thoughts on this event? Would regular Half Ironman distance training be
> > sufficient if some hill and trail work was implemented? Or is extra distance going to be needed?
> > How about the quality of the event, would you pass it up to continue racing at say the
> > California Half Ironman that is near the same date? Or how about a double, doing both?
>
> There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
> CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.
>
> As for training==hills! Lots of them.
>
> clm in sf

Couldn't find the Xtri link. Can you help?

Thanks

Tacguy <[email protected]> wrote:
: [email protected] (Cathy Morgan) wrote in message news:
<[email protected]>...
: >
: > There is a report on this race on slowtwitch.com and xtri.com. Great event I heard. The
: > CaliHalf/WToughest would be a pretty hard double.
: >
: Couldn't find the Xtri link. Can you help?

www.xtri.com

Susan [email protected]

http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=945

--
[email protected] cathy morgan, san francisco, ca REMOVE x x to email