Worst Bike Shop Ever

Jeytown

Apr 26, 2006
Hey Guys and Gals

Im not sure if this has been done before so ill do it

i bought my pride and joy 3 months ago

last week got my bike serviced after a unfortunate bike crash (that was my fault)
at my LBS and was happy until about two days later

when to my shock and horror i find that when the LBS fixed my bike he forgot to tighten the back wheel and and only tightened it finger tight which is bizarre because it is a no brainer twist and lock in
there you go

so about twenty minutes into my commute to work
blammo i f&*^ED the back wheel as i was gunning up a hill as im stranded between home and work i pedal on (i realise im casuing more damage but what else is there to do) long story short my bike eventually made it to work and called my LBS

to get a flat out

**** man you must have touched the wheel
confused.gif

mad.gif

i felt a little taken a back when i have long held the principle that i pay experienced people to do work on all my equipment (eg if you need a plumber call a plumber and the like) so i dont touch anything on the bike without taking to the LBS first call me a sissy ***** but im great at riding the bike but not at fixing them

so why would i touch the wheel ?? i replied
eek.gif

i dunno listen i gotta go customer in the shop see me later kay
biggrin.gif

thats where the conversation ended

last time i go there so much for customer loyalty

my rant ends with this

what is the worst bike shop (lets keep names out of it)

have you ever been treated like SH@T at an LBS and if so what is your story while there are no prizes i would feel alot better off if i knew that someone feels like i do about LBS's screwing up simple fixes

while im looking at purchasing my whole new back assembly i guess i would at least vent some steam.

im off to watch a TDF dvd now

Jeytown said:
Hey Guys and Gals

Im not sure if this has been done before so ill do it

i bought my pride and joy 3 months ago

last week got my bike serviced after a unfortunate bike crash (that was my fault)
at my LBS and was happy until about two days later

when to my shock and horror i find that when the LBS fixed my bike he forgot to tighten the back wheel and and only tightened it finger tight which is bizarre because it is a no brainer twist and lock in
there you go

so about twenty minutes into my commute to work
blammo i f&*^ED the back wheel as i was gunning up a hill as im stranded between home and work i pedal on (i realise im casuing more damage but what else is there to do) long story short my bike eventually made it to work and called my LBS

to get a flat out

**** man you must have touched the wheel
confused.gif

mad.gif

i felt a little taken a back when i have long held the principle that i pay experienced people to do work on all my equipment (eg if you need a plumber call a plumber and the like) so i dont touch anything on the bike without taking to the LBS first call me a sissy ***** but im great at riding the bike but not at fixing them

so why would i touch the wheel ?? i replied
eek.gif

i dunno listen i gotta go customer in the shop see me later kay
biggrin.gif

thats where the conversation ended

last time i go there so much for customer loyalty

my rant ends with this

what is the worst bike shop (lets keep names out of it)

have you ever been treated like SH@T at an LBS and if so what is your story while there are no prizes i would feel alot better off if i knew that someone feels like i do about LBS's screwing up simple fixes

while im looking at purchasing my whole new back assembly i guess i would at least vent some steam.

im off to watch a TDF dvd now
yeah, i like to check everything myself...

regardless of how good or bad the LBS is.... they are human... and sometimes they make mistakes....

doesn't make them the worst store

i get more annoyed with LBS with smart ass staff who fob you off

i agree

human yes we all make mistakes

i dont disagree

but still i cant help but vote him for 2006