Worst fear in hitting the road

Sometimes you will notice the rabies carrier if they are so active and their saliva coming out from their mouth, better to avoid this immediately, but some dogs just barking normally.
Stray dogs in the streets is prevalent in our village. There was once a campaign by the municipal veterinary department to pick up those stray dogs but the activity was aborted when the owners of the stray dogs quarreled with the dog catchers. I know those streets and I avoid them because you have not defense as a rider when a dog would chase you and bite your leg. I would dread that day that I would be bitten by a dog because I am a dog lover and that may affect my passion for dogs.

Cycling or motorcycling, once you go out for a ride, there's a bigger chance you'll get into an accident than riding in a car. Whenever going out using a bike or a motorcycle, I make it sure to pray and ask God for a safety ride. Even though we used to drive or ride safely, there are those who can't that might get us into an accident. We can't predict when and where it will happen.
My greatest fear is to get into a situation where I will encounter reckless drivers. Riding a two wheel car or even just a bike leads us to greater accidents, better to ask God for a safely ride whenever going out.

Stray dogs in the streets is prevalent in our village. There was once a campaign by the municipal veterinary department to pick up those stray dogs but the activity was aborted when the owners of the stray dogs quarreled with the dog catchers. I know those streets and I avoid them because you have not defense as a rider when a dog would chase you and bite your leg. I would dread that day that I would be bitten by a dog because I am a dog lover and that may affect my passion for dogs.
I'm a dog lover also, and a member of animal welfare and bantay animal in Facebook page. Proper care of our dogs is the normal argument on that page. A lot of members complaining about the hit and run and really against the impounding. But they allowed their dogs to run free in the street.

Reactions: Corzhens
I'm a dog lover also, and a member of animal welfare and bantay animal in Facebook page. Proper care of our dogs is the normal argument on that page. A lot of members complaining about the hit and run and really against the impounding. But they allowed their dogs to run free in the street.
You are right about the hit and run because I had seen many times a dead animal on the road that was obviously hit by a vehicle. In our culture, having a loose dogs is for the security of the home because when a dog is tied then the intruder can easily kill it. Anyway, dog owners should be aware of the accidents on the road that can kill their dog more than their dog could harm people. As I said, I avoid the streets here with stray dogs just to play it safe in my riding.

You are right about the hit and run because I had seen many times a dead animal on the road that was obviously hit by a vehicle. In our culture, having a loose dogs is for the security of the home because when a dog is tied then the intruder can easily kill it. Anyway, dog owners should be aware of the accidents on the road that can kill their dog more than their dog could harm people. As I said, I avoid the streets here with stray dogs just to play it safe in my riding.
And the owner will never win if ever they file a case against the driver. They will just waste their money and time, even the PAWS admit that, they never won even 1 case against the driver. We should be responsible, the house dog always innocent when they're out of the street they don't know how to stay away from vehicles.

Reactions: Corzhens
Yeah, I'm just afraid of other people being irresponsible when driving that there's basically nothing I can do about it if they want to drive straight through me.
I agree. Whether drunk, high, speeding, texting, or otherwise distracted. Having been hit by a distracted drive who "didn't see me" with hi-viz clothing and flashing lights whilst making an illegal turn and hitting me, I now assume the worst about every vehicle and driver on the road. Five days in ICU and permanent injuries are a daily reminder. I've had to switch to a recumbent as my neck and hand injuries make riding my regular fleet a painful experience.

I agree. Whether drunk, high, speeding, texting, or otherwise distracted. Having been hit by a distracted drive who "didn't see me" with hi-viz clothing and flashing lights whilst making an illegal turn and hitting me, I now assume the worst about every vehicle and driver on the road. Five days in ICU and permanent injuries are a daily reminder. I've had to switch to a recumbent as my neck and hand injuries make riding my regular fleet a painful experience.
Riding a bicycle is the safest form of transportation in the world. Having said that - if you DO get hit by a car your chances of serious injury are pretty high.

I've been riding for well over 40 years and I simply just don't think about it, even after my back was fused with titanium rods and a fake disk I still don't think about it, I ride without any fear of anything happening while riding!

I have a very strange philosophy I've followed for at least 50 years, it's called self prophecy, when a person dwells on the bad and speaks it or writes it then sooner or later chances are the bad will happen, and the reverse is true. Is this philosophy guarantee that nothing ever bad will happen? Certainly not, but by dwelling on the bad you bring it into being eventually. Even when bad things happened to me, I never thought of it as bad, just a learning experience and I think that good will come out of it...and it always does for me anyways.

My worst fear when cycling in the road is that one day, I could get into an accident in which could end my life. It is a big risk when hitting the road, especially to those roads who acts as the main road of the city. I always feel nervous everytime I get a chance to be side by side with a large truck. I have watched videos of accidents on the roads and it makes feel scared whenever I'm riding on the road. So everyone should be extra careful, we can control our ride but we cannot control other's driving the best thing we could do is to prevent accidents to happen.
This sort of fear reduces considerably over time with experience. Although the statistics are contradictory the chances of you getting in a fatal accident are between twice as great in a car to only about a third as great in a car. Pedestrians are in far greater danger and tell me, are you afraid of walking?