Wot a waste

Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that! I'm
off -- bye

[email protected] writtificated

> Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
> shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
> are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that!

Welcome to unmoderated Usenet :-/
Liberal use of the kill-file and kill-thread clears things up.

> I'm off -- bye

I recommend Another Cycling Forum, despite the web based interface.

In article <9c7f8f7d-9620-4bcd-934a-f618b1ca2325
@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, [email protected]
[email protected] says...
> Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
> shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
> are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that! I'm
> off -- bye

If only you'd bothered to access the group properly with a
newsreader/server rather than a crappy web interface you could have cut
out the noise and benefitted from the worthwhile stuff.

Rob Morley wrote:
> If only you'd bothered to access the group properly with a
> newsreader/server rather than a crappy web interface you could have cut
> out the noise and benefitted from the worthwhile stuff.

That type of answer if typical of what the original poster was
complaining about. What a waste of space.

"renum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
> Rob Morley wrote:
>> If only you'd bothered to access the group properly with a
>> newsreader/server rather than a crappy web interface you could have cut
>> out the noise and benefitted from the worthwhile stuff.

> That type of answer if typical of what the original poster was complaining
> about. What a waste of space.

Thing is, what he wrote is actually true and sensible - not a waste of space
at all. Usenet is unmoderated, and this NG attracts various people whose
intent is to disrupt - aka trolls. A poor web interface will not help
control this, whereas using it via a decent newsreader will allow you to
ignore the **** and get on with the useful bits.

clive

renum <[email protected]> wrote:

> Rob Morley wrote:
> > If only you'd bothered to access the group properly with a
> > newsreader/server rather than a crappy web interface you could have cut
> > out the noise and benefitted from the worthwhile stuff.

> That type of answer if typical of what the original poster was
> complaining about. What a waste of space.

i read/post via google groups when out and about and it's a shocker how
much **** is there, so yes Rob is on the money there. usenet does take
some effort, at least in the setting up.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

> i read/post via google groups when out and about and it's a shocker how
> much **** is there, so yes Rob is on the money there. usenet does take
> some effort, at least in the setting up.
>
> roger

If you use GG through FireFox the GreaseMonkey add-in provides a kill-
file of sorts - v.handy - all though I haven't the heart to put Ed
Dolan in it yet - like Smeagol, I suspect there might be a tiny piece
of good left lurking around in there somewhere :)

Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

> > i read/post via google groups when out and about and it's a shocker how
> > much **** is there, so yes Rob is on the money there. usenet does take
> > some effort, at least in the setting up.
> >
> > roger

> If you use GG through FireFox the GreaseMonkey add-in provides a kill-
> file of sorts - v.handy - all though I haven't the heart to put Ed
> Dolan in it yet - like Smeagol, I suspect there might be a tiny piece
> of good left lurking around in there somewhere :)

sadly the nokia tablet doesn't really have that option. it's the 770 so
doesn't really have the oomph for firefox.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, [email protected] <> wrote:

> Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
> shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
> are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that! I'm
> off -- bye

So, the group is no good because most of teh posters are ranting
rather than talking about cycling. Your post had how much about
cycling? And it was entirely rant free, I'm sure.

The people posting are just trying to score points . . . "How boring
is that!" So, your post was completely free of content-less
point-scoring too (things like, say, proclaiming how boring everyone
is).

Have a nice life.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

[email protected] wrote:
> Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
> shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
> are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that! I'm
> off -- bye

Getting run over or not by a motorcar with all it's implications does
seem to be the most favoured subject at the moment ;)

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
news:[email protected]...
> Joined the forum a few months ago hoping for useful information and
> shared interests to do with cycling. Seems most of the active posters
> are busy ranting and tryin to score points. How boring is that! I'm
> off -- bye

You're not accessing a forum. You're accessing a newsgroup on Usenet, which
is unmoderated. If you did it using a newsreader, you'd be able to screen
out the posters/threads/subjects you did not wish to see by use of a
kill-file. Try it - it works.