Wot I did over Christmas

suzyj

New Member
Mar 22, 2004
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the ...

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/polished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. In a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bought some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

suzyj said:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the ...

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/polished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. In a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bought some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

Mmmm, shiny...

Welcome back from the break - I saw a rider on a red bike that was heading east on Fullers Road yesterday afternoon around six-ish. Could that have been you? I was zooming down towards the river after tackling Balmoral's Awaba Street (nasty, nasty hill)

Ritch

discovered that a 3L plastic milk carton with side panel cut out makes a
loverly cover for my brooks leather seat.

Sorry, but welding galvanised water pipe doesn't lead to much higher
thoughts than the above. Goals for 2005 is to make a couple of two
wheeled bicycle trailers and to use metal of better quality than gal
pipe or low carbon steel.

"suzyj" <[email protected]
> Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over
> Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/polished_lugs.jpg

They're purty... All I did over xmas/nye was keep a lot
of hospitality staff busy and maintain the shipments of
bourbon/beer to the east coast..

I hired my first ever bike in Port Stephens.. an ApolloSport
Anaconda mtb, I think. Total POS, but it got me around for
a few days and I didn't even break it! :)

I also got to try the Nexus AutoD "automatic" groupset
on a friend's hire bike. It changes gears automatically!!!
(and I'm not talking about chain slip!). It was **** too. :)
You'd get out of the saddle to punish it up a steep hill and
the ******* thing changes up into the highest gear (of 4)
and you're forced off to walk it. The solution? Set it to
manual. hehe.. stupid 'comfort' bikes..

hippy

suzyj wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over
> Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the
> ..
>
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg
>
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg
>
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/polished_lugs.jpg
>
> I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. In
> a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bought
> some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.
>
> Regards,
>
> Suzy

Very nice. Are they HJ lugs Suzy?

What do you think of Richard Sachs' Newvex lugs?

I reckon they look great but I'm not sure I'd actually want them on my
frame.

--
Nick

NickZX6R wrote:

> Very nice. Are they HJ lugs Suzy?

Yup. HJ don't have stainless ones in their catalogue, but they can be conned out of people if you're persistent. I've gotta say they're really nicely made lugs. Most lugs have constant thickness walls (think two bits of pipe joined together with a fillet at the join), but these ones smoothly taper. There's not a flat bit on them. The concave bit in the back of the binder bolts is an addition to match the binder bolt bits on a set of Llewellyn stem lugs that I also have.

> What do you think of Richard Sachs' Newvex lugs?

> I reckon they look great but I'm not sure I'd actually want
> them on my frame.

They're nice, but I really think you had to be around when the Nervex stuff was king to really lust after that shape. I go more for fine points and nice curves than overly ornate. Also, I'm not really a fan of extended head-tubes.

Regards,

Suzy

suzyj said:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of one of the things I did over Christmas, while I should have been out on the road training up for the ...

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_1.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/seatlug_2.jpg

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/sjackson/polished_lugs.jpg

I know the love-hearts are awfully sad, but I couldn't help myself. In a little while (once I've done the rest of the lugs to match and bought some bits of tube) these lugs will reside in my new fixed-wheel bike.

Regards,

Suzy

Ooh... they're most pretty. So when are we likely to see them brazed on to something? I'll look forward to seeing those pics as well. :)