wot no cycling on the telly?

davek

Guest
Tuned in to Grandstand at 1.40 hoping to see some Tour of Britain
highlights, as promised, but the only two-wheeled sport on today's
programme is Moto GP. :(

Anyone know what happened? Did it have to make way due to "contractual
commitments" to some Scottish amateur golfers?

d.

davek wrote:
> Tuned in to Grandstand at 1.40 hoping to see some Tour of Britain
> highlights, as promised, but the only two-wheeled sport on today's
> programme is Moto GP. :(

Everything I've read about the Tour of Britain on Grandstand said that
it would be shown on 12 September, which by my calendar is /next/ Sunday.

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Everything I've read about the Tour of Britain on Grandstand said that
> it would be shown on 12 September, which by my calendar is /next/ Sunday.

Oh yes, of course. I forgot. Silly me.

d.

davek wrote:
> Danny Colyer wrote:
>
>> Everything I've read about the Tour of Britain on Grandstand said that
>> it would be shown on 12 September, which by my calendar is /next/ Sunday.

> Oh yes, of course. I forgot. Silly me.
>
> d.

On the other hand I spent most of the afternoon with the Dullest stage
of the Vuelta I have ever seen. The last 3k were quite exciting but the
previous 204k were on flat straight roads. even the commentators
admitted it was dull.

Stan Cox

P.s. I know some Vuelta stages are always like this but boy was this one bad

> On the other hand I spent most of the afternoon with the Dullest stage
> of the Vuelta I have ever seen. The last 3k were quite exciting but the
> previous 204k were on flat straight roads. even the commentators
> admitted it was dull.

Admitted? He really helped it along by repeating endlessly how bored he
was! Couldn't he tell us the names of the villages? Give a little talk
about how Shawn did something really cool just here in 1826? No, he just
endlessly told us all how boring it was.

Bring back No-time-to-breath-motor-mouth Smith, all is forgiven.