Wot shall i call my new road bike????

I am still trying to decide if this is better or worse than naming ur............... "organ"..........

Silver, or Trigger, or the Titanic, or Bunzie, or Sheela-Wheela, or Irene

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Hey i like to call my bikes a nick name kinda thing...sad i know but i do it.......how about some recommendations? Deloris perhaps? BTW its a Klein Q carbon pro on record 2004 so something fitting please? and no sarcasm thanks!

Plus i've decided it's gonna b a she!

Duh! I don't know wot you shood call yer bike. Wot do you think?

Originally posted by rossoreduk
Hey i like to call my bikes a nick name kinda thing...sad i know but i do it.......how about some recommendations? Deloris perhaps? BTW its a Klein Q carbon pro on record 2004 so something fitting please? and no sarcasm thanks!

Plus i've decided it's gonna b a she!

Helen Wheels

I find that my bikes tend to name themselves. My old mountain bike is a Trek Antelope and one day I thought, "Geez, maybe antelopes are good on flat ground, but for a mountain bike, I'd feel better if it was called 'Big Horn Sheep' or something." After that, the name "Sheep" just kinda stuck. The bike is a 40lb tank, so somehow the name's fitting :)

I just got a new Fuji Roubaix that has picked up the name Ruby Tuesday. "Roubaix" sounds a little bit like Ruby ... I went to the bike shop to order it on a Tuesday ... and it's red and black ... so Ruby seemed to be the perfect name.

I guess the moral of my story is that bikes just tend to pick their own nicknames :) Someday the perfect name will just hit you.

nice....i like ruby....mines like a ruby colour too...infact i really like that! not copyright is it laura?

bikes just tend to pick their own nicknames :) Someday the perfect name will just hit you. [/B][/QUOTE]

For a long, long time, I never named my bike anything, but I've found that my bikes did in some way name themselves.

For example, my little nieces decided to give everyone in the family a "native American name." One of the names they came up with was "Silent Fox." One day, years later, I was looking at my venerable grey touring bike, and the name "Silent Fox" popped into my mind. And so the bike was named.

In another case, I was reading a book (Big Stone Gap) whose feisty heroine is named Ave Maria. I decided that my much travelled, much loved road bike would be named the Ave Maria. I wrote to the author to tell her of my decision. She said that her heroine had received many honors but none as meaningful as this.

PS--I love Ithaca. Went to grad school there.