Would a 2007 Trek 7.6 FX 17" Carbon Fiber Hybrid Bicycle be a good choice for my beginner's bike tou

SierraSlim

Oct 4, 2010
[COLOR= #0000ff]2007 Trek 7.6 FX 17" Carbon Fiber Hybrid Bicycle [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]The owner is asking $350 for it, and this is what she says about it: "Only a couple years old, and ridden approximately 20 times over that time period. Selling due to the need for space in my garage!! Can't justify keeping it when I barely ride it, although I will be very sad to let this great bike go!! Purchased for $1,100.00 only 2.5 years ago, and it surprised me again and again, each time I rode it! It is exceptionally light, making it a very quick bike, and long rides too short!! In great mechanical and cosmetic condition, with only very minor signs of wear."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I am a beginner bicycler and currently have a beach cruiser, but am looking to buy a bike to train on and get ready to take on leisurely 30-mile-daily type tours on mostly flat terrain. What do you think? Thanks![/COLOR]

3n13p83ld5V55U65X2a9t63db3e8362951759.jpg

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, Paramount, thanks again for taking me under your wing! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I love the links you provide, and am spending so much time looking at bike things on the pc that my hubby is feeling neglected, lol. I don't know if I will rush out and buy this one as I may prefer to keep looking for a week or so, but at least I know I'm beginning to know what to look for.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Now I have to figure our derailleur thingies versus hub gear thingies, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

You're welcome, Sierra.

And I think your're right not to rush out and buy a bike right away, but I do think you should go test ride a few bikes. Test riding some bikes will determine what size you need so when you are shopping on-line you know what size to look for, and you'll really know if the hybrid style bikes ( Like the Trek FX style bikes ) are what you like the best. Or you might decide you want more of a pure road bike, or mountain bike, etc.

Find out what size you need and what style you like the best; then you can get down to some serious shopping! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]Serious shopping??? That may be my second-favorite activity after biking!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]