Would I be faster if....

In article <[email protected]>, bwand4 @attbi.com says...

> Leave the P-38 and Giro like the are and get an Aero to ride with the group on weekends.

I am not sure an Aero would fit. The Strada doesn't and the Corsa that I tried was too tall for me
too. My Giro seat is 23" (plus the seat pad) to the gound at the nose and it barely lets me put both
feet on the ground at a stop.
- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Cletus D. Lee" wrote:

> I am not sure an Aero would fit....

Cletus,

I believe you would fit on a Rotator Ti Tiger.

I have difficulty reaching ground on a Strada with standard seat (Giro fits me well), but on the M5
seat I have NO problems. The narrower width of the seat makes a significant difference.

DeVon

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am not sure an Aero would fit. The Strada doesn't and the Corsa that I tried was too tall for me
> too. My Giro seat is 23" (plus the seat pad) to the gound at the nose and it barely lets me put
> both feet on the ground at a stop.

The question is again. What you want out of your benting experience? What one does with/to ones bike
is personal preference. I rarely have issues with ones personal preference. I do have an issue with
the idea that the bike makes as much difference to the average rider as many seem to think. IMO most
never get fit enough to do what we have justice. I rode my commuter/tourer bikeE 15 miles to work
yesterday. The trip took me 65 minutes. I allow for just over an hour for the trip. Sometimes more
after I check wind conditions. I cruise at 14/15 mph. I wave at people, talk to other bikers etc.
Its casual and laid back. I wear my Specialized Rockhoppers, jeans or shorts and regular clothing to
fit the riding conditions. I leave my 10 hr shoes at work and carry fresh clothing on the bike. When
I ride the AERO I am minimalist. My clothing is the bent version of df lycra. The wheels are minimal
or disk and the tires are hard and skinny. Its a go fast bike and I try to go as my current degree
of fitness will allow...based on the planned distance and terrain. In the eighties I toured allot. I
had the time. I could take a good number of days off in a row. I rode with a group that consisted of
people of various ages with near the same ability. We would have the camping or motels mapped out
and plodded along stopping at overlooks, orchards, interesting country stores etc. no hurry.....just
get to the motel or campground at a reasonable hour. There was also washed out bridges, detours,
blinding rain and portage. Some of these same people trained for enjoyed the yearly September
challenge of sub 5 hr centuries, the stories and the huge bowls of pasta that followed. Some are
avid tourers and have a touring rig, that is what they choose to do. Some never tour and are
minimalist weight weenies about every nuance of their steed. Some are both and have plow horses and
thoroughbreds. However, be aware that if you bring a Clydesdale to a Thoroughbred event, you will
probably finish but not at the head of the pack. AND if you do bring a thoroughbred and the other
jockeys are lighter and fitter ....at this meeting..."Its not about the bike" cause the bike will
likely mean diddly squat. If you wanna be fast what you ride matters...but it will not make up for
lack of training and conditioning to achieve it. Different riding goals require different training
regimes. I have a friend that rides 10K a year. He has 17 dfs a bikeE and a Stratus. He can ride a
century any day of the year. However, the only time he exceeds 15 mph is downhill or with a
tailwind. He has zero desire to go fast. He is the classic diesel. He just loves to ride. He is a
excellent cyclist. That he is not fast does not diminish his excellence. How many of us ride 10K a
year at any speed?

Will I be faster if I....remove the touring stuff from my bike...yea but not much. Will I be faster
if I do speed training and ride with fast riders? Yes, a lot faster.

Inc 1-800-586-6645