Would the IOC have ever brought this up if...........

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by crit pro, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. crit pro

    crit pro Guest

    The whole double drug test thing is pretty simple.

    Aug race (Olympic) win IOC event
    Sep race (Vuelta TT) win UCI event

    Phonak revealed the news that 'A' samples from both events failed.
    Both will get a 'B' sample testing. Although only days after the
    Vuelta TT win, it is more than a month after the Athens Gold Metal
    Heist.

    IOC (International Obscene Cartel) says nothing for a whole month.
    They only react to Phonak's release. Then, they convieniently trash
    their 'B' sample. Some reports say dropped on the floor, other more
    reliable sources say the ill-fated 'B' sample had been ruined when it
    was frozen. This by a bunch of supposed experts?

    So, despite everyone's best effort to bust a cheating stealing thief,
    including his own team, the IOC once again proves us that they are in
    such a competition with the Ambassadors of the United Nations for the
    most bloated good old boys club for the elite who run the show, and
    that no scandal will be allowed to happen without their blessing.
    That's the BILLION$ talking.

    Too bad the poor cousin UCI guys, who have been seen riding their
    cruiser bicycles to meetings in a tent in the Swiss country side don't
    march to the beat of the same drum. They have bigger worries, as their
    poorly thought out Pro Tour debacle will be their undoing, until
    someone (they are working on it) creates a new governing body for
    international pro cycling.

    So a two year UCI ban is now the only option. The UCI shoots
    themselves right in the wallet, or I mean, there own feet.

    Back to the original question. Based on the fact that the Olympics
    hid a result for over a month that takes 2 hours MAX to figure out,
    and only acnowledged it after it became news, and then with the whole
    world watching, got rid of the 'B' sample very nicely, thank you.
    Would this Olympic moment ever been revealed if Tyler skipped the
    Vuelta, like he should have?

    crit amateur

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "crit pro" <[email protected]@posting.google.com...
    > The whole double drug test thing is pretty simple.
    >
    > Aug race (Olympic) win IOC event
    > Sep race (Vuelta TT) win UCI event

    You should be a novelist.
    You have too much time on your hands to write so much crap.

    -Ken

  3. < you have to much time on your hands to write such crap > naw, u spend
    your time wisely. like the man said,- why did the olympics sit on theirs
    so long, when would we have heard about it???????

  4. [email protected] wrote:

    > < you have to much time on your hands to write such crap > naw, u spend
    > your time wisely. like the man said,- why did the olympics sit on theirs
    > so long, when would we have heard about it???????

    Probably ran out of peanuts to feed crit pro, who pedals the generator
    that powers the contraption they use for testing.

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    >why did the olympics sit on theirs
    >so long, when would we have heard about it???????

    did the IOC wait until the news broke to test the B sample or did they
    test it right after the A sample but not report it? Two very different things.
    If they waited to test the B sample, there is something wrong. If they did not
    report it because they screwed up the B sample, then they did nothing wrong.
    Why would they report something that according to their rules is not a
    positive?
    ------------
    Alex

  6. Ray

    Ray Guest

    > < you have to much time on your hands to write such crap > naw, u spend
    > your time wisely. like the man said,- why did the olympics sit on theirs
    > so long, when would we have heard about it???????

    That's easy. Tye IOC does not release any result unless both the "A"
    and "B" samples test positive. The "B" sample was destroyed by
    freezing. Therefore the IOC would never have been any public
    statement but for the fact Phonac announced the result.

    ray

  7. Jenko

    Jenko Guest

    Ray wrote:

    > That's easy. Tye IOC does not release any result unless both the "A"
    > and "B" samples test positive. The "B" sample was destroyed by
    > freezing. Therefore the IOC would never have been any public
    > statement but for the fact Phonac announced the result.

    But they inform the rider and his team when the A sample turns positive. What
    makes me think they knew they had screwed up the B sample and were just trying
    to cover it up. When they learned about the Vuelta positive, they were forced to
    report on the Oympics test too. Think about it, a negative in Athens and a
    positive in the Vuelta would make Tyler look even more suspect.

    Jenko

  8. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > < you have to much time on your hands to write such crap > naw, u spend
    > your time wisely. like the man said,- why did the olympics sit on theirs
    > so long, when would we have heard about it???????

    Wow -- an anonymous Web TVer... A much lower life form than AOLers.

  9. <Wow..an anonymous web tv'r...a much lower life form than AOLers. > why
    dont you add - i use a computer to get online and you don't, na na na na
    na

  10. Ray wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>< you have to much time on your hands to write such crap > naw, u spend
    >>your time wisely. like the man said,- why did the olympics sit on theirs
    >>so long, when would we have heard about it???????

    > That's easy. Tye IOC does not release any result unless both the "A"
    > and "B" samples test positive. The "B" sample was destroyed by
    > freezing. Therefore the IOC would never have been any public
    > statement but for the fact Phonac announced the result.

    And we'd never have known that the B sample was inconclusive...