Would this make a good bike cam? your thoughts?

NewYorkBiker

May 14, 2010
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just with the description of the video, I'd say that bike cam is good enough for me. The 1080p resolution is more of the standard now for a clearer video. What is not standard is the night vision that's why it can be noticed that bikers and motorcyclist riders here have their helmet camera in the daytime only because it has obviously no night vision. And I guess it comes with an uploader for the computer.

There are a lot of its features that I really love. First of all is the resolution. I thinks its resolution would be perfect. Another is that it is portable and I love it of course when it comes to riding a bike you would need an easy to move camera. And lastly, the 32 gb memory is awesome! you can record a lot of videos there with that huge memory storage.

That's a good pick, a 1080p resolution cam gets you clear shots, but better if you get the full HD variant. Some models are water and shock proof too. What's good with new models is its wifi and bluetooth enabled for fast video transfers.

What's good with new models is its wifi and bluetooth enabled for fast video transfers.

Huh? WiFi and especially bluetooth might be convenient, but not fast. Fastest would be taking memory SD card or what ever and putting into computer to transfer files, or hook up USB cable from camera to computer, if its USB3, its no contest on speed.

Last edited:
I used a couple different bike cams, one in front and one in rear to catch those guys purposefully moving over to shoulder to 'scare' us. My state does not require front license plates. The ones I have used could take photos too, and those were higher res than the video. So I set it to take a photo every 1/2 second, that seemed often enough. Though I had mounted camera upside down and had the camera rotate the images, bad idea, do that in bulk on your computer afterwards if needed, it slowed down the photo picture taking rate. There is also software to take those every 1/2 sec photos and make a movie.

That's a good pick, a 1080p resolution cam gets you clear shots, but better if you get the full HD variant. Some models are water and shock proof too. What's good with new models is its wifi and bluetooth enabled for fast video transfers.

I would go for the model that is water proof as well which is really good as we can see that there are times we would want to take shots and it is raining heavily. The need to have that model which can give one the ability to snap in such situations is always better and nice.

I think it's good camera for biking with 1080p resolution, this resolution will give you a clear shot or video, but it should be water proof or else its gonna be useless during rainy season.

I think it's good camera for biking with 1080p resolution, this resolution will give you a clear shot or video, but it should be water proof or else its gonna be useless during rainy season.

Riding with a camera that is clear and with a better resolution is really good in the sense that we can get to see the need for us to have a good view when we ride. Also, when the camera is waterproof, it makes all the difference when it is raining and we are out there with the bike.