Would you buy dietary supplements from these guys?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Howard Kveck, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    This came from UPI:
    Metabolife exec faces weapons charge

    SAN DIEGO, Sept. 15 (UPI) -- One of the owners of the diet supplement company Metabolife has been
    charged in California with 12 counts of weapons violations.

    The U.S. Attorney's office in San Diego said Monday Michael Lee Blevins and his wife, Danica, were
    charged with buying a rifle, shotgun and a handgun along with 500 rounds of ammunition using someone
    else's name.

    Prosecutor Phil Halpern said the federal Brady Act prohibits former felons from purchasing firearms.
    Blevins has a 1988 conviction for manufacturing methamphetamine.

    The defendants were released on a combined $1.1 million bond pending further proceedings.

    Metabolife was founded in 1989 and markets herbal weight-loss compounds that have come under
    government scrutiny in recent years because they contained the compound ephedra, which can in some
    cases cause heart problems, strokes and dizziness.

    With a background in making speed, you just know that quality is job one.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

    Tags:

  2. Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    <snip>

    Should convicted felons not have the right to defend themselves and there homes?

    You probably think they shouldn't be allowed to vote either. Its no wonder there are so many repeat
    offenders in a society which treats ex-cons like second class citizens. If they've paid their done
    their time and paid their debt to society, let them get on with their lives.

    BTW, what does this have to do with bike racing?

    - Boyd S.

  3. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Should convicted felons not have the right to defend themselves and there homes?
    >
    > You probably think they shouldn't be allowed to vote either. Its no wonder there are so many
    > repeat offenders in a society which treats ex-cons like second class citizens. If they've paid
    > their done their time and paid their debt to society, let them get on with their lives.
    >
    > BTW, what does this have to do with bike racing?
    >
    > - Boyd S.

    Boyd, There has been some discussion of dietary supplements here recently, hence the post. Beyond
    that, what struck me was the guy's speed lab past and the shennanigans they went through to get a
    metric buttload of guns n ammo seemed pretty sketchy. It had nothing to do with anti-gun or
    ex-convict rights (or lack thereof). A bit of clarity on that would have been helpful, I suppose...
    The lack of a "Dumbass" greeting here should be taken at face value, ok?