wound on my hand

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 29, 2005.

  1. I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
    very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
    better?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
    > very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
    > better?

    A visit to your doctor would be in order. We can't examine the wound. In
    addition, other conditions, like diabetes, which affects wound healing, come
    to mind.

    Let your doctor who can examine you, get your medical history and order the
    appropriate tests help you.

    Jeff

    > Thanks.

  3. TC

    TC Guest

    Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4 times a
    day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much, cut
    back a bit.

    Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant or
    diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and read
    it from cover to cover.

    TC

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not

    healing
    > very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it

    heal
    > better?
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4 times a
    > day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much, cut
    > back a bit.
    >
    > Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant or
    > diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and read
    > it from cover to cover.

    or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is doing.

    Jeff

    > TC
    >
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not

    > healing
    >> very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it

    > heal
    >> better?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

  5. TC

    TC Guest

    Jeff wrote:
    > "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4

    times a
    > > day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much,

    cut
    > > back a bit.
    > >
    > > Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant

    or
    > > diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and

    read
    > > it from cover to cover.

    > or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

    doing.

    > Jeff

    Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
    for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
    means go.

    TC

  6. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Jeff wrote:
    >> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Vitamin C. 1000 mgs. Take anywhere from 2 to 5 or more, 3 or 4

    > times a
    >> > day. If you get the runs or stomach upset, you've taken too much,

    > cut
    >> > back a bit.
    >> >
    >> > Get tested for diabetes, now! If you show up as insulin resistant

    > or
    >> > diabetic, get a copy of Dr Bernsteins Diabetes Solution book and

    > read
    >> > it from cover to cover.

    >> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

    > doing.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
    > for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
    > means go.

    Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
    history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
    much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the internet
    who tells her to take vitamin C.

    Jeff

    > TC

  7. TC

    TC Guest

    Today's doctors aren't exactly curing the world of diseases, now, are
    they? Diabetes and heart disease are increasing rapidly while they
    "treat" us to the tune of billions in prescriptions and treatments per
    year and we seem to be getting sicker.

    People are dying of diabetes-related complications on the American
    Diabetes Association diet. Their website clearly states that they do
    not know what precisely causes diabetes, but they are more than
    prepared to presume to treat you with blood glucose test kits, drugs
    and a high carb diet while you get sicker and sicker.

    Doctors have less than a couple of months worth of training in
    nutrition, if they have that much. Doctors are primarily trained to
    prescribe drugs and treatments, not to actually seek to resolve health
    problems.

    I figure you stand at least an equal (or possibly better) chance of
    resolving medical issues listening to this guy on the internet who
    tells her to take vitamins C as you do seeing a modern day medical
    doctor. Kinda sad, really.

    TC

    Jeff wrote:

    > Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her

    medical
    > history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she

    is
    > much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

    internet
    > who tells her to take vitamin C.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > > TC

  8. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Jeff wrote:
    > >> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > > times a

    > > cut

    > > or

    > > read
    > >>
    > >> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

    > > doing.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff
    > >>

    > > Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
    > > for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
    > > means go.

    > Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
    > history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
    > much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

    internet
    > who tells her to take vitamin C.
    >
    > Jeff

    I say it is cancer. Anybody else want to make a diagnosis?

    http://www.advocatehealth.com/cmc/services/other/wound/

    > > TC

  9. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Balanced amino acids and Vit C.

    Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
    ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same thing
    at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have a wound on my hand that I got 3.5 months ago. It's not healing
    > very well. Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
    > better?
    >
    > Thanks.

  10. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a doctor.
    How stupid is that?

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Jeff wrote:
    > >> "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > > times a

    > > cut

    > > or

    > > read
    > >>
    > >> or better yet, go to your doctor who actually knows what she is

    > > doing.
    > >>
    > >> Jeff
    > >>

    > > Sure, of course... she'll have several expensive prescription salves
    > > for you to chose from. She'll take care of the symptom for sure. By all
    > > means go.

    > Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her medical
    > history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she is
    > much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

    internet
    > who tells her to take vitamin C.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > > TC

  11. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "TC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Today's doctors aren't exactly curing the world of diseases, now, are
    > they? Diabetes and heart disease are increasing rapidly while they
    > "treat" us to the tune of billions in prescriptions and treatments per
    > year and we seem to be getting sicker.

    Please provide a better alternative, other than people eating less and
    getting less excercise.

    The reality of the matter is that people are making themselves sick.

    > People are dying of diabetes-related complications on the American
    > Diabetes Association diet.

    Can you provide evidence of this? I mean that they are actually following
    the diet.

    > Their website clearly states that they do
    > not know what precisely causes diabetes, but they are more than
    > prepared to presume to treat you with blood glucose test kits, drugs
    > and a high carb diet while you get sicker and sicker.

    We do know what causes most cases of diabetes: eating too much and not
    getting enough excercise, for most cases.

    I did not know that blood glucose test kits are used to treat people. I
    thought they were so that you can montior your own treatments. And most docs
    don't recommend a high carb diet for diabetes.

    The fact of the matter is that most people who are diabetic (type ii) are
    too fat, don't excercise and don't follow their diets.I

    > Doctors have less than a couple of months worth of training in
    > nutrition, if they have that much. Doctors are primarily trained to
    > prescribe drugs and treatments, not to actually seek to resolve health
    > problems.

    Actually, doctors do try to resolve health problems. They recommend healthy
    diets, and their treatments do work. Their treatments are not perfect.

    > I figure you stand at least an equal (or possibly better) chance of
    > resolving medical issues listening to this guy on the internet who
    > tells her to take vitamins C as you do seeing a modern day medical
    > doctor. Kinda sad, really.

    You figure wrong.

    Jeff

    > TC
    >

    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> Considering that we can't see her wound, feel her pulse, get her

    > medical
    >> history, do lab tests or otherwise examine her over the internet, she

    > is
    >> much better off going to a doctor than listening to some guy on the

    > internet
    >> who tells her to take vitamin C.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>
    >> > TC

  12. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a
    > doctor.
    > How stupid is that?

    Thanks. I love you too.

    Do you have a better idea? We can't examine her, we don't know her medical
    history, and we can't order lab tests. And poor would healing is a sign of
    diabetes.

    A doctor is the best bet.

    Jeff

  13. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
    >
    > Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
    > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
    > thing
    > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

    Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?

    The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
    science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.

    Jeff

  14. "Can someone recommend something I can take to help it heal
    better? "
    ..
    I'm not a physician so I can't dispense medical advise *BUT* I can tell
    you that years ago the sap from the balsam tree was used to heal
    wounds. It sometimes healed them too well as deeper wounds would heal
    over and not be able to drain.
    The sap was marketed as "Canada Balsam"

  15. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Take you rown advice and don't give advice on the Internet.

    Don't tell me you can't see the irony in that.

    Sorry about the name calling. Just getting your attention

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Exactly. You are the asshole on the Internet telling her to go to a
    > > doctor.
    > > How stupid is that?

    > Thanks. I love you too.
    >
    > Do you have a better idea? We can't examine her, we don't know her medical
    > history, and we can't order lab tests. And poor would healing is a sign of
    > diabetes.
    >
    > A doctor is the best bet.
    >
    > Jeff

  16. Pizza Girl

    Pizza Girl Guest

    Don't be sore now. That was another thread

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
    > >
    > > Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
    > > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
    > > thing
    > > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

    > Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?
    >
    > The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
    > science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.
    >
    > Jeff

  17. montygram

    montygram Guest

    I remember reading about grape seed extract having healing properties
    in this context, if you're just looking to try different "herbal" kinds
    of things for the hell of it. Sounds like it might be a sign of
    something more serious, as someone mentioned above.

  18. montygram

    montygram Guest

    I remember reading about grape seed extract having healing properties
    in this context, if you're just looking to try different "herbal" kinds
    of things for the hell of it. Sounds like it might be a sign of
    something more serious, as someone mentioned above.

  19. Robert

    Robert Guest

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Balanced amino acids and Vit C.
    > >
    > > Focus on the Growth Hormone releasing aminos more, like arginine and
    > > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
    > > thing
    > > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

    > Do you have peer-reviewed evidence that this will help?
    >
    > The name of the group is sci.med.nutrition (short for
    > science.medicine.nutrition), not stupid.advice.
    >
    > Jeff

    Everybody is just guessing here which is why it is more accurate to wait for
    the autopsy for a definitive diagnosis.

  20. MMu

    MMu Guest

    > ornithine. Don't let people fool you with protein. It is not the same
    > thing
    > at all. Get the "free form amino acids"

    please to provide citations for that.