Wounded warrior cyclist

Robert Frye

Jan 25, 2017
Hi I'm New to the Forum and wanted to introduce myself I'm Robert Frye, and I'm a Wounded Warrior Cyclist. This year I will be riding my bike across America. You can follow me on my Blog, check out my Webpage www.WoundedWarriorCyclist.com
I look forward to meeting some new Cyclist especially other Disabled Veterans like myself who ride here on the Forum if there are any!

Welcome brother! I'm abMarine vet and I ride a lot with Ride2Recovery and other organizations.

That's awesome, great organization! I don't get to ride much with them due to work, and they no longer do the Minuteman challenge series. But I try to do as many Honor Rides as I can. Mainly in New England though. Maybe I'll see you sometime!

Even though you posted this last year, I hope that you had a great time in your journey across America. I might not have much time today but I am looking forward to see more of your adventures.

I'm encouraged and motivated by this post and this is one thing that I really enjoy. Looking at those that are disabled in one way or the other ride is like that push I need to keep riding everyday for I always believe that as long as they can do it, there is nothing that can stop me as well from achieving such feat.

Wow, 4.229 miles, very inspiring, that was a long travel. I hope someday if I have enough time, I will do the same thing. I need to prepare for that long travel, and I need to buy much more bigger bike.

You're a very inspiring person, and hopefully, others would also find inspiration in what you're doing. Great work and hope you'll continue your travels this 2018. Thank you for your service.

Hi I'm New to the Forum and wanted to introduce myself I'm Robert Frye, and I'm a Wounded Warrior Cyclist. This year I will be riding my bike across America. You can follow me on my Blog, check out my Webpage www.WoundedWarriorCyclist.com
I look forward to meeting some new Cyclist especially other Disabled Veterans like myself who ride here on the Forum if there are any!

If you're willing to ride there's always a way. I'm VFW and ride quite a bit but I need medication for a head injury that leaves me with a poor sense of balance. This doesn't bother me at all in normal riding unless I try to ride slow. Then I can fall over. Just did yesterday again. But it's the first time this year and my body is getting used to falling so that I'm not hurt. I ended up out on a dirt trail and tried to bypass some rain ruts that were about a foot and a half deep. Unfortunately I was moving really slow and looking over to check out a path that I had avoided because I couldn't remember if anything would be in the way. Bad move. But I ended up falling pretty hard and not getting any injuries except a bruise on my palm hear my thumb. The other way would not have been a good idea without the knowledge that dropping down a 5' cliff face there is a fence post in the middle of the trail. The medication will keep me relatively close to home though I do have a plan to spend 2 weeks in Arizona with a cop friend that saved my life. I'll teach him to be so concerned about my health.