Wow! fuel-efficient vehicle which can carry 1 passenger

Graeme Dods said:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:05:34 +0800, Graeme Dods wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:27:11 +1000, SteveA wrote:
>
>> Each of the Tangoes (sp?) has "front and rear trailer hitches". Buy
>> half a dozen and hook them up into a train for you and the neighbours.

> Cool! If you're going to buy half a dozen, can I be your neighbour please?

Hang on SteveA, you live in Kensington right? Well I finally managed to buy
a house in Ferndale, so we'll be almost neighbours anyway. Even better,
sell your place in Kensington, move to Ferndale and you'll have plenty
change left over for a couple of Tangoes :)

Graeme
If I wait until the price of petrol goes over $2.50, my place should be worth about 2 gazillion dollars (6 km from the city centre, 1 km from some reasonable eating places, 3 km from the major restaurant strip in Victoria Park - walk, cycle or bus easily) then I could sell it and buy a fleet of Tangoes.

In all seriousness, this is our long term house. We have almost finished doing up the house and we are about to do our proper vege gardens etc at the back. All the family catches buses or cycles to work/school most days. We have good neighbours and people all look out for each other. This will probably be my retirement house. It is single story so I won't have to worry about climbing too many stairs when I am 100 years old (if I go down into the wine cellar, it may just take me a couple of hours to return :) )

Rising fuel prices will just make me more reluctant to move further out.

SteveA