WOW!!! I met a guy riding a 29" with kh gloves and everything!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Unisykolist, Jun 3, 2008.

  1. Unisykolist

    Unisykolist Guest

    ARRRRRR IM SO AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just then rite now is saw
    him. What are the chances of seeing a guy riding a 29" unicycle where I
    live wearing kh gloves with gadgets on his uni and a light on his
    helmet, a road unicyclist! I live in a town with a population of 3000
    compared to adelaide which has 1 million is hardly any but its not one
    of them towns that just has a general store and is desert land lol. We
    have banks and supermarkets and all...OH so amazing 1 in a million
    chance of meetting this guy on his 29" unicycle anyway so excited i got
    to calmd down...

    I was practicing wheel walk for 5 mins until I heard a "guy" say
    something like "I dont think you would be epecting to see me around
    here". He was about 40. I turned around and there he was with his 29"
    unicycle with a kh free ride saddle and seat post I think. I almost
    DIED and was so shocked and amazed and tunza thoughts came into my
    head, especially about having someone to RIDE WITH! I questioned him
    with lots of questions and every question I was EXCITED i can't tell
    you how much I was amazed anyway, I asked-
    -
    Whered you get that unicycle? I can't remember why he said but i think
    some cycle shop on some road
    How long you been unicycling for? "since the start of this year"
    Is that the same saddle as mine (i was riding my kh trials)? "nah its a
    KH free ride saddle.
    Do you think youll keep riding for a long time "definitely, I love it"
    Where do you live? "nuri" (thats just the next town from mine which is
    5km away, not far).
    What size are your kh gloves? "Large but medium will prbably fit you"
    (he let me try them on so now I have experienced wearing them!
    How bigs that tyre? "29 inch"

    He told me that a bloke he knew lived around the corner.
    There was more I need to remember...........mmmmmm........
    I just said I sometimes go to the the skatpark in nure (where he lives)
    so he might see me and we can catch up sometime. He said he may be
    getting a 20". Another partner to ride with! woooo i thought I would
    never get a partner to ride with. I can't wait to tell my friend (hes
    getting a nimbus sometime this year). Now theres 3 unicyclists I know,
    my frend who I inspired, my brothers frend who I inspired and the guy
    who i met today.

    Very surprising that he kinda knew me because he reads the forums and I
    was surpiresed to hear that. He is not a member cos he doesnt have
    interent access so i guess he just uses it when hes at a frends house
    or something.
    He knew about my busking and everything which was very weird to hear.

    This has been a great experience and if YOU'RE reading this now, Im not
    sure what your name is, it was nice know theres another unicyclist in my
    local area! THIS IS GREAT!

    --
    Unisykolist

    Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
    Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
    Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
    I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
    learning to juggle 5!
    BLUE CAP

  2. thieum

    thieum Guest

    I wish that could happen to me :( I live in a metropolitan area of 2.5+
    million people but my chances of bumping into someone riding are very,
    very slim...

    --
    thieum

    'Selection of the best uni videos out there by Matayo'
    (http://monomaniaque.free.fr/videosmono/)
    ' Requiem pour un Mono' (http://tinyurl.com/ras9l)

  3. patsandy100

    patsandy100 Guest

    That would be so awesome! I only know one other guy who I met the other
    day but he isn't a great rider but still. :) grats XD

    --
    patsandy100

    Unicycles... nothing better ;)

  4. Unisykolist

    Unisykolist Guest

    patsandy100 wrote:
    > That would be so awesome! I only know one other guy who I met the other
    > day but he isn't a great rider but still. :) grats XD

    XD?

    --
    Unisykolist

    Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
    Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
    Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
    I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
    learning to juggle 5!
    BLUE CAP

  5. sigve

    sigve Guest

    XD is a smiley, turn your head to the left.. its just like : D with eyes
    is a X and i allso wish i had someone to ride with its getting boring to
    ride alone:(

    --
    sigve

    *Mikey sier (10:51):
    I imagined a sponsor sending you a new uni and a plastic penis

    MyTrial Video: **-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oam57UuE43U-*

  6. Hazmat

    Hazmat Guest

    sigve wrote:
    > XD is a smiley, turn your head to the left.. its just like : D with eyes
    > is a X and i allso wish i had someone to ride with its getting boring to
    > ride alone:(

    Trust me, with the way petrol prices are going. You might bump into
    someone riding a unicycle someday. :D :D

    --
    Hazmat

    I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
    CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
    IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

    catinabag1 wrote:
    > we should provide the defibrilator
    > TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

    :D 'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM) :D

  7. nimblelight

    nimblelight Guest

    Hazmat wrote:
    > Trust me, with the way petrol prices are going. You might bump into
    > someone riding a unicycle someday. :D :D

    I've seen a guy ride a uni past my house (cheap cyclepro or sun or
    something) and there were about 5 or 6 in my school who could ride in a
    wobbly fashion before I even touched the things

    --
    nimblelight

    Currently working on:
    Coasting, transition out of seat drag, 360 unispin, random stuff
    Recently landed(last 2 weeks):
    Suicide mount, Double wrap mount, Coast 12 revs, 6 to pedals(coast
    comp), 5 with 1 ft on frame, gapped a 5 set

  8. I remember one day I was riding and bumped into a few kids and one of
    them rode a sun 20 in.

    Honestly, it was kind of fun showing off by jumping off of picnic
    tables and wheelwalking. Pretty basic stuff to you guys, but they were
    amazed.

    --
    Kyle_Destroyer

    :cool: Not sponsored and not pretentious :cool:

    The.Mars.Volta wrote:
    > facetious aya? yeah well i can make up words too. you're a facetisio!
    > yeah put that in your fife and smoke it!

  9. dondi

    dondi Guest

    I ride a 29er with a cycling cap and wrist guards along beautiful
    scenery such as bridges, parks with a 10% grade and by the beach. I
    wish someone would ride along side me. Any takers?:cool:

    --
    dondi

  10. StephenH

    StephenH Guest

    Closest I've come to that was when my son and I were riding unicycles on
    the local bike trail, we met a couple of people riding Segways.

    I've seen a couple of other unicyclists in Dallas but I was on my bike
    at the time. And had a couple of people tell me they rode unicycles,
    although they weren't on them at the time.

    --
    StephenH

  11. I ride in a villiage with no more than 300-400 people in it, and there
    is an old man that worked for a small bike company that made unicycles,
    he could ride. There is a 9 yr old who beged her dad for a unicycle and
    now has one and can ride (she was inspired by me going past every day
    on my unicycle!) and a man who does bike touring around the country
    with a unicyclist on a 29 or 36, but he cannot ride (he's tried, and
    has offered me his old 20" pashley)
    And locally i have met loads of unicyclists (james, mark, jack, jamie,
    chris) and others that have unis but have never really tried to ride.
    There are unicycles scattered everywhere, but few with the
    determination to ride! So the more you inspire, the more unicyclists
    there are to ride with!

    --
    1-wheeled-grape

    Scott,

    1-wheeled-grape wrote:
    > have you ever had the urge to get a triton frame, write BOB after the
    > "sponge" and call the star patric?

    :rolleyes: photoshopers out there:rolleyes:

  12. Unisykolist

    Unisykolist Guest

    Cool stories. : P

    --
    Unisykolist

    Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
    Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
    Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
    I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
    learning to juggle 5!
    BLUE CAP

  13. oneisenough

    oneisenough Guest

    Kyle_Destroyer wrote:
    > I remember one day I was riding and bumped into a few kids and one of
    > them rode a sun 20 in.

    you should have avoided them...i know you are good enough to control
    where you are going and not randomly hit people:D :p ;) :)

    i've never met anyone on them, but i was riding with some friends and
    skaters we saw were very impressed once we started riding trials and
    whatnot

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/user/RookieFilming) 'Vimeo'
    (http://www.vimeo.com/user496125)

    The UniSLAB wrote:
    > Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
    > flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em

    2nd Place*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

  14. Unisykolist

    Unisykolist Guest

    oneisenough wrote:
    > you should have avoided them...i know you are good enough to control
    > where you are going and not randomly hit people:D :p ;) :)
    >
    > i've never met anyone on them, but i was riding with some friends and
    > skaters we saw were very impressed once we started riding trials and
    > whatnot

    I don't know if your joking LOL but he didn't mean he literally
    physically bumped into them..

    --
    Unisykolist

    Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
    Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
    Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
    I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
    learning to juggle 5!
    BLUE CAP

  15. Only once I've had the good fortune to meet another unicyclist in the
    street.
    He was walking towards me pushing his 20" and I had just reached my car
    which happened to have my 29" on the back seat.
    We were on opposite sides of the street so I had to shout across to get
    his attention.
    He probably thought I was some kind of weirdo.
    Eventually he crossed the street and I smiled and said "Wanna swap?"
    motioning to my uni in the car.
    We had a great time fooling around on each others uni's.

    Also, I met up with Ivan last weekend and after dropping him off in
    Tiverton (with his Triton uni), proceeded to get lost and do a circuit
    of the town.
    I stopped at a junction only to see him at the pavement corner.
    I couldn't resist it.
    "Hey mister! Where's your other wheel?" I shouted before driving off.

    --
    Into the blue

    'ok you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is my
    boomstick!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8ghkzzi9g)
    'best movie theme tune ever'
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nwe4xqdmm&feature=related)
    'imagine' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0finuhtnk&feature=related)