Wow Spammers And Trolls

Volnix said:
Why are you replying every time he digs a cold one out then? :D
Trying to get a bit of a conversation going :)

I'd start a thread on a topic myself but if there's a thread already on it, no matter how old, then I don't see the point in making a repeat topic that would take up forum space.

Mr. Beanz said:
There should be some kind of way to monitor IP addresses so these trolls quit creating profile after profile pretending to be new members.
There is. The problem is, trolls know how to use proxy servers, and anonymizers like TOR. ;)

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
mpre53 said:
There is. The problem is, trolls know how to use proxy servers, and anonymizers like TOR. ;)

I'll take your word for it cause I have no idea what all that mumbo jumbo means. I barely know enough about computers to make a video and post pictures ha ha ha! :lol:

mpre53 said:

I am proud to have used a remailer thing once. :D

Wanna increase the size of your stem brah? :D All natural! :D

Troll-safe doors... :D

Yo jhuskey what was the worst troll you ever encountered? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

jhuskey said:
So much competition, it's hard to pick a winner.
You've got to tell us some stories now.

Don't leave us hanging like that! :D

Have you ever had one who would "dial it up to 400 watts" and then "drope the hamer" on some poser who was sucking his wheel? :lol:

mpre53 said:
Have you ever had one who would "dial it up to 400 watts" and then "drope the hamer" on some poser who was sucking his wheel? :lol:

Im pretty sure that this should remind me of something but fortunately it doesn't. :D

When I'm talking about cranking it up to 400 Watts I'm talking about the power amp on my home stereo system.

If I could rage at 400 Watts on the bike and then go all Jens Voight and hold 600 Watts for a couple of minutes getting off the front...I'ld be a lot more than an internet legend.

CAMPYBOB said:
I
If I could rage at 400 Watts on the bike and then go all Jens Voight and hold 600 Watts for a couple of minutes getting off the front...I'ld be a lot more than an internet legend.

That would put a lot of stress on these UItra Torque Campy Cranks... :D

Or are you gonna use Shimano Hollow Tech? :D

Mr. Beanz said:
A much as I like this site and try to contribute it is getting tougher as the spammers keep spamming the **** out of this place. As well as the trills who keep digging up old threads from years ago. Ok now and then but day after day thread after thread it seems they are doing it just to upset the posters who are actually trying to contribute to the forums.

It seems that the trolls are even opening second and third accounts and using them to dig up old threads just to pizz people off. Obvious that it's intentional. I guess I'll never understand how someone gets their rocks off by being a troll.

Pretty cool place but I can see why posters are leaving and even those that are still here are becoming more and more inactive. I guess eventually it will come down to trolls reviving old spammer buy quality document threads. :(

I can't really blame the mod/mods as it has to be a lot of work trying to tame the children. But it's sad to think this place will soon be a ghost town type forum thanks to those who are intentionally trying to upset the posters who actually try to contribute.

I think appointing some more moderators would be a good idea.

As others have said moderation here has been reasonably light touch generally.

Actually the spamming/troll problem was far worse a few years back. Of course this is no consolation now, but back then we had more moderators moderating.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Yeah I guess posting your picture of people who ride a bike once a year and a woman with boobs the size of mount rushmore is something that serious cyclists care about. An authority that just joined august 18th 2015. Yeah ok. Its pretty obvious. Lol