Wow, "Tandem and Recumbent Rider" More Interesting Reading than "RCN!"

NYC XYZ

Guest
Got my first copies of TRR back-issues today...wow, could this freebie
done on newsprint be really more interesting reading than RCN or
VeloVision??

The articles go more into how the ride actually feels -- very
subjective, of course, but much more interesting -- than getting all
caught up in technical gear-headed stuff (though there's some of that,
too). It feels more like talking to a friend over the telephone about
his new ride which you haven't see yet than it does like reading the
manufacturer's own data sheet for the model...know what I mean?

RCN is still great for the technical stuff, and VeloVision is great for
the "bicycle-as-lifestyle" ethos...but for sheer immediate
"how's-it-taste, Mikey?" it's TRR hands-down!

For example, it was interesting comparing TRR's reviews of the Hase
Pino and Titan Pino compared to VeloVision's review of the Titan Pino.
TRR noted many little details like how the Pino's captain handbars
might run into the shoulders of the recumbent stoker in front. It's
not in color, but the review gave me more of a "you-are-there" feeling
than the glossy four-color layout in VeloVision! Also, TRR reviews
actually seem a bit more critical than RCN's! They never outright
"dis" any 'bent or tandem, but they very clearly note things like how
parts failed or broke WITHOUT trying to follow up in the next sentence
with a "but-on-the-other-hand"....

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised today. I'm looking forward to
reading more! RCN feels like reading a discussion of the
manufacturer's data sheets, whereas TRR feels like your buddy telling
you about banging that hot chick you were wondering about. =)
VeloVision is like reading a happy fairy tale about an utopian HPV
world. =)

ARBR is like checking in at the pub to play a game of darts and to have
a pint or two. Bentrider is just eaves-dropping on the train or bus.

Can't wait to get my 'bent, assemble it, and ride!!!

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Got my first copies of TRR back-issues today...wow, could this freebie
> done on newsprint be really more interesting reading than RCN or
> VeloVision??
>
> The articles go more into how the ride actually feels -- very
> subjective, of course, but much more interesting -- than getting all
> caught up in technical gear-headed stuff (though there's some of that,
> too). It feels more like talking to a friend over the telephone about
> his new ride which you haven't see yet than it does like reading the
> manufacturer's own data sheet for the model...know what I mean?
>
> RCN is still great for the technical stuff, and VeloVision is great for
> the "bicycle-as-lifestyle" ethos...but for sheer immediate
> "how's-it-taste, Mikey?" it's TRR hands-down!
>
> For example, it was interesting comparing TRR's reviews of the Hase
> Pino and Titan Pino compared to VeloVision's review of the Titan Pino.
> TRR noted many little details like how the Pino's captain handbars
> might run into the shoulders of the recumbent stoker in front. It's
> not in color, but the review gave me more of a "you-are-there" feeling
> than the glossy four-color layout in VeloVision! Also, TRR reviews
> actually seem a bit more critical than RCN's! They never outright
> "dis" any 'bent or tandem, but they very clearly note things like how
> parts failed or broke WITHOUT trying to follow up in the next sentence
> with a "but-on-the-other-hand"....
>
> Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised today. I'm looking forward to
> reading more! RCN feels like reading a discussion of the
> manufacturer's data sheets, whereas TRR feels like your buddy telling
> you about banging that hot chick you were wondering about. =)
> VeloVision is like reading a happy fairy tale about an utopian HPV
> world. =)
>
> ARBR is like checking in at the pub to play a game of darts and to have
> a pint or two. Bentrider is just eaves-dropping on the train or bus.
>
> Can't wait to get my 'bent, assemble it, and ride!!!

Is TTR free? If yes where do you get it? Thanks.

> NYC XYZ wrote:
>>
>> ARBR is like checking in at the pub to play a game of darts and to have
>> a pint or two. Bentrider is just eaves-dropping on the train or bus.
>>
>> Can't wait to get my 'bent, assemble it, and ride!!!

So have you ever actually ridden a bicycle?? (I guess that would explain
your absurd questions and options with which you bombard r.b.m with your
incessant and annoying cross posting).

\\paul

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
]...]
> Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised today. I'm looking forward to
> reading more! RCN feels like reading a discussion of the
> manufacturer's data sheets, whereas TRR feels like your buddy telling
> you about banging that hot chick you were wondering about. =)
> VeloVision is like reading a happy fairy tale about an utopian HPV
> world. =)

Normally, all I want any more is just the technical stuff. I do not much
care about anyone's subjective feelings, unless I know that his
subjectivity is the same as mine. As for life style, that kind of ****
stinks and I want to stay as far away from it as I can get.

> ARBR is like checking in at the pub to play a game of darts and to have
> a pint or two. Bentrider is just eaves-dropping on the train or bus.

NYC has at got the above right. He learned in just a few months what it took
me years to learn.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

NYC XYZ wrote:

> ARBR is like checking in at the pub to play a game of darts and to have
> a pint or two. .

That's great but you're in the wrong bar. This is RBM. Is ARBR so dead
that you have to crosspost to us?

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Bob wrote:
> That's great but you're in the wrong bar. This is RBM. Is ARBR so dead
> that you have to crosspost to us?

you killed the cross-post so he won't see it. he only reads arbr and
annoys us(enet) seemingly to no end.

--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology