Wow!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

  3. Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > We need to lobby these guys for an adult version. :)
    > http://www.huffybikes.com/products/greenmachine.html

    BRITONS might like to know that these devices are available from larger branches of Halfords.

    This has been a public service announcement.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Losloufo

    Losloufo Guest

    Wheels are on the wrong end!!! :)

    Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > We need to lobby these guys for an adult version. :)
    > http://www.huffybikes.com/products/greenmachine.html
    >
    > (link nabbed from swedish HPV-page)
    >
    > Mikael

    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    there is a different version of the rides noted in this thread, two in front (FWD) and one rear
    (rear steering) called the Sidewinder. Visit http://www.sidewindercycle.com/ for some information.
    What they don't tell you is that it is a heavy heavy vehicle. The rear wheel steering linkage can be
    dis-engaged (at least on the one I rode) and you can steer with the brakes. If you detach the
    steering and tap one brake, it spins around virtually out of control and if you are going fast
    enough, it wants to throw you out of the seat.

    Curious design, in that the seat is not secured to any part of the frame, but it sits in notches on
    brackets. Easily adjustable, certainly.

    fred

  6. meb

    meb New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2003
    Messages:
    1,219
    Looking at the assembly instructions leaves me wondering - is the Swingracer configurable in all these different configurations?

  7. meb

    meb New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2003
    Messages:
    1,219

    I’ve examined this close-up, if you replaced the rear wheels/tires with something heavier, it might hold up for an adult. With its 180 lb weight limit it could take small adults.
    Maybe you’d need reinforce the frame, but it looks like the first weight limitation would be those rear wheels. It freewheels, but that leaves you a single speed at about 20 gear inches.

    Baccara, Raven, and Trailmate Funcycle are adult versions of these fwd deltas, all use lean steer attached directly to the rear subframe rather than the joysticks connecting the rear via rods.

    http://www.a-winther.com/scripts/bike.asp?model=Swingracer&id=472.00
    http://www.a-winther.com/scripts/bike.asp?model=Swingracer&id=472.00

    > > Tom Sherman - Planet Earth
    >
    > Looking at the assembly instructions leaves me wondering - is the Swingracer configurable in all
    > these different configurations?

    These things are unusual in that they advertise gross instability as a 'fun' feature. This hasn't
    happened since the Corvair tried to copy the evil native handling of the 356 Porsche.

    Don't encourage these people to build adult versions of these things. They might be ok for
    playgrounds or Sunday morning parking lots, but they don't belong where there are cars or
    trucks or buses.

    Fred Klingener

  9. "Fred Klingener" skrev

    > Don't encourage these people to build adult versions of these things. They might be ok for
    > playgrounds or Sunday morning parking lots, but they don't belong where there are cars or trucks
    > or buses.

    And here I was gonna ride it against traffic on the freeway. ;-) Anyway its too late for boring
    political correctness. Atomic Zombie already designed one. Lighten up will you? You're making
    undertakers resemble giggling schoolgirls.

    M.

  10. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Mikael Seierup scribed with passion and wit:

    > "Fred Klingener" skrev
    >
    >> Don't encourage these people to build adult versions of these things. They might be ok for
    >> playgrounds or Sunday morning parking lots, but they don't belong where there are cars or trucks
    >> or buses.
    >
    > And here I was gonna ride it against traffic on the freeway. ;-) Anyway its too late for boring
    > political correctness. Atomic Zombie already designed one. Lighten up will you? You're making
    > undertakers resemble giggling schoolgirls.
    >
    > M.

    You been perving at giggling schoolgirls again?

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  11. "Ian" skrev...
    > You been perving at giggling schoolgirls again?

    Nope. I prefer women who have actually grown a brain. Anyway theres probably a few sheep in your
    closet, you unnatural trikefancier. ;-)

    M.

  12. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Mikael Seierup scribed with passion and wit:

    > "Ian" skrev...
    >> You been perving at giggling schoolgirls again?
    >
    > Nope. I prefer women who have actually grown a brain. Anyway theres probably a few sheep in your
    > closet, you unnatural trikefancier. ;-)
    >
    > M.
    Those sheep are consenting!
    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  13. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Fred Klingener" skrev
    >
    > > Don't encourage these people to build adult versions of these things.
    They
    > > might be ok for playgrounds or Sunday morning parking lots, but they
    don't
    > > belong where there are cars or trucks or buses.
    >
    > And here I was gonna ride it against traffic on the freeway. ;-) Anyway its too late for boring
    > political correctness. Atomic Zombie already designed one. Lighten up will you? You're making
    > undertakers resemble giggling
    schoolgirls.

    What? For being against instability? Maybe the undertakers ARE giggling like schoolgirls.

    Fred

  14. "Fred Klingener" skrev

    > What? For being against instability? Maybe the undertakers ARE giggling like schoolgirls.

    Well, dead men tell no tales. :) I'm glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.

    Anyway a bike like that swingcycle is not for roaduse. If someone wants to copy Jackass and try it
    there all the more power and a richly deserved Darwinaward to them.

    Mikael

  15. Ian wrote:

    > Those sheep are consenting!

    "The sheep have nightmares about you"