(WR) Tour de Wolf (Shelby Farms)

Clyde_in_tn

Guest
Took a ride over to Shelby Farms ad was meandering about the paved bike/jogger paths wne two
"serious" looking bikers aproached me... I saw the warm glow of Ti hardtails and Bomber forks so I
waved them down.

I asked "Where do you keep the singletrack hidded around here?" They looked somewhat bewilderd and
asked "singletrack?" I said "yeah you kow, tight, twisty technical trails." "ooohh THAT, yeah there
is this trail called Tour de Wolf it's about 5 miles long just over the top o that hill, it breaks
off to the right."

I hoofed over to where they said it was and found the trail.

From what I saw, it was okay the first ile was amusing, but nothing compared to what we have
back in NH.

It COULD be a really nice trail, if some folks got together and put some serious Trail MoJo into it.

I'm kinda bummed because one of the biker invivetd me along on a group ride, to a "seret place" but
I didn't bring my bike this time. It was one of those "met us at this spot at this time and we'll
ride to there, but we can't tell you where it is, exactly." kinda places.

Tomorrow I'll go check out Stanky Creek.

After you try Stanky go and try Herb Parsons. It is right across the Shelby county line on
Macon Road.

Clyde_in_TN wrote:

> Took a ride over to Shelby Farms ad was meandering about the paved bike/jogger paths wne two
> "serious" looking bikers aproached me... I saw the warm glow of Ti hardtails and Bomber forks so I
> waved them down.
>
> I asked "Where do you keep the singletrack hidded around here?" They looked somewhat bewilderd and
> asked "singletrack?" I said "yeah you kow, tight, twisty technical trails." "ooohh THAT, yeah
> there is this trail called Tour de Wolf it's about 5 miles long just over the top o that hill, it
> breaks off to the right."
>
> I hoofed over to where they said it was and found the trail.
>
> From what I saw, it was okay the first ile was amusing, but nothing compared to what we have
> back in NH.
>
> It COULD be a really nice trail, if some folks got together and put some serious Trail MoJo
> into it.
>
> I'm kinda bummed because one of the biker invivetd me along on a group ride, to a "seret place"
> but I didn't bring my bike this time. It was one of those "met us at this spot at this time and
> we'll ride to there, but we can't tell you where it is, exactly." kinda places.

If you hear banjo music, ride away at high speed!

--
J'm [wondrin' what makes it so stanky. . .]

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-