Wrist pain on a Spinning Bike

garagecapital

Guest
What can I do beyond frequently change my grip, try and keep my weight
off the wrists when upright. See,s to be only happening on my right
wrist and it can be a real pain. Doc says it is tendonitis.

garagecapital wrote:
> What can I do beyond frequently change my grip, try and keep my weight
> off the wrists when upright. See,s to be only happening on my right
> wrist and it can be a real pain. Doc says it is tendonitis.

Well, since this is alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent the obvious answer is to
go recumbent, which will mean you never need put any weight on your
wrists at all (aside from the weight of your arms, that is).

While it's often assumed that the biggest comfort difference on a
recumbent comes from the big comfy chair rather than a small curaway
saddle, I find it's my wrists that thank me the most if the alternative
is a sporting crouch.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Dec 3, 9:25 pm, garagecapital <[email protected]> wrote:
> What can I do beyond frequently change my grip, try and keep my weight
> off the wrists when upright. See,s to be only happening on my right
> wrist and it can be a real pain. Doc says it is tendonitis.

How about installing 'aero bars', then your weight can be more on your
forearms?

Lewis.

*****

Buy some 1970's ape hanger bars?
Add some serious gel handle pads.
Otherwise going recumbant sounds like the best solution, though open your
wallet wide for that one.
Take care
Randy

"garagecapital" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> What can I do beyond frequently change my grip, try and keep my weight
> off the wrists when upright. See,s to be only happening on my right
> wrist and it can be a real pain. Doc says it is tendonitis.

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:58:51 -0600, "Randy" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Buy some 1970's ape hanger bars?
>Add some serious gel handle pads.
>Otherwise going recumbant sounds like the best solution, though open your
>wallet wide for that one.
>Take care
>Randy
>
>"garagecapital" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> What can I do beyond frequently change my grip, try and keep my weight
>> off the wrists when upright. See,s to be only happening on my right
>> wrist and it can be a real pain. Doc says it is tendonitis.

I had a similar problem with my upright. Right wrist and shoulder
seemed to always have a problem no matter what I did.

Now I ride a recumbent trike and the problems with numbness have gone.
AND....it's a GREAT ride!!!!!!