Wrist Pain!

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Somedude, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. Somedude

    Somedude Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem seems to come and go, and I
    experienced the first symptoms like a year ago. My problem is the following: when I push with a flat
    palm, I feel pain in the top-front portion of the wrist. This occurs when doing push-ups, standing
    up from a chair, pushing a car etc... The pain is really weaker or inexistent when my palm is closed
    (doing push-ups on fists, riding my bicycle, etc...) I feel that the pain comes from some
    misalignment of the bones in my wrist. And I don't feel the pain at any other time, only when
    pushing something heavy enough (like my own weight).

    I have a few theories on what may be causing that pain: First, I play classical guitar. I read about
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrom, but it always seems to occur in the left hand for a right-handed guitarist
    (like me). However my pain comes from my right fist, and I don't feel any pain while playing.

    I also do a lot of bicycle. There's a lot of bumps on our street and it must not be good for the
    wrists to absorb all those shocks...

    I don't know if it's related, but I can make my right wrist crack a lot (I can't with my left). In
    general, my left wrist just feels lighter, quicker and healthier than my right...

    Would anybody have clues on what's going on and how to cure it (no surgery) ? Thanks

    Oliver

    Tags:

  2. SomeDude <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Hi everyone,

    : I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem

    Do you have numbness and/or tingling? If so, in which parts of the hand? In which fingers?

    Emma

  3. Somedude

    Somedude Guest

    Emma Chase VanCott <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > SomeDude <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : Hi everyone,
    >
    > : I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem
    >
    > Do you have numbness and/or tingling? If so, in which parts of the hand? In which fingers?
    >

    > Emma

    No numbness, no tingling either. Just a pain that comes from the inside of the wrist. I don't feel
    anything in my hand/fingers.

    Olivier

  4. jbjkb

    jbjkb New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2012
    There is a good chance it is a result of having previously fractured your scaphoid in your wrist as this can go undetected. I've done the same and the doc says suck it up and get on with life as best you can. Apparently shit happens is a real diagnosis.