wrist pain

martP7

Apr 12, 2011
when riding medium/long distances I experience an aching pain in my right wrist. have adjusted the controls and fitted new grips as well as wearing gel pad gloves. still a problem..........any ideas?

do you have an old fracture in your wrist ?
the wrists are one of the most sensitives bone structures on the body, maybe you have some small crack on one of the many bones composing it, i would go to a physician and have it checked - out.

Originally Posted by martP7 .

when riding medium/long distances I experience an aching pain in my right wrist. have adjusted the controls and fitted new grips as well as wearing gel pad gloves. still a problem..........any ideas?
You may want to consider handlebars with a different rearward sweep ... for example, some Beach Cruiser type handlebars ([COLOR= #808080]formerly, found on 3-speed English bikes AND 26" Middleweight & Balloon tyre bikes in the US[/COLOR]) ...

NITTO Moustache/-type handlebars have even more sweep.

Hi,
I read in Cycling Active mag, the angle of your seat also plays apart. If your seat is slanting down forward, it puts more pressure on the wrist.
you can try checking your seat angle and adjusting it to be close to horizontal. You can check it out at the link below.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html#angle

hope this helps, happy riding.

There are many factors in solving pain issues. Here is a list of things to check.

-seat height and angle
-seat for and aft position
-handlebar height and angle
-don't forget to keep your elbows bent
-the handlebars are controls and not meant to lean on with full weight

I used to get pain and numbness in my hands all the time. It was usually that my bars were too far forward and I was leaning on them.