Write to an MP who CYCLES and WALKS!!!!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ric, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Ric

    Ric Guest

    Like a lot of people on here, I am disgusted at the leniency with which motorists who kill cyclists
    and pedestrians are treated by the judiciary. It seems the excuse "sorry your honour, I didn't see
    him" is totally acceptable to judges and lawamkers, who presumably have never walked or cycled
    anywhere since their schooldays.

    But at last I have discovered an MP who has a bicycle! And he even knows how to walk! He is
    campaigning for stiffer penalties for car-murderes. I suggest everybody on here who would like to
    see much higher penalties against car-murdering should please write to him:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2712409.stm
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/labournorth/wansbeck.htm

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Ric wrote:

    > at last I have discovered an MP who has a bicycle!

    My MP has a bicycle and is a member of the Commons cycling group. I have written to her about this
    and other issues, and her replies have been prompt and encouraging in the sense of every real
    assistance short of actually doing anything, but ultimately MPs can't do much apart from make noise
    in the monkey house - at least mine asked a Question for me.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  3. Stephen \