Wrong change

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Denise~* wrote:
>> Doug Kanter wrote:
>> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > This gets interesting sometimes. Last December, I called a local music
>> > store
>> > to discuss a certain electronic thing for my son. The owner quoted me
>> > $180.00, a nice price on this thing. When I got to the store, the owner
>> > wasn't there and couldn't be reached. The lady running the place was
>> > not
>> > aware of the low price I'd been quoted. She asked if it would be OK to
>> > charge me the normal $200.00, and issue a credit later. Since I know
>> > these
>> > people well, I agreed. She called later that day and said the credit
>> > had
>> > been issued. She mailed me the Visa slip, but I noticed that instead of
>> > crediting me the $20.00+tax difference, she'd credited the entire
>> > purchase
>> > price. I called and asked if she intended to replace the original
>> > transaction with another for $180.00 + tax. To make a long story short,
>> > she
>> > was convinced she'd done the right thing.
>> >
>> > I kept all the paperwork, figuring the owner would catch up with the
>> > mistake
>> > at some point. A month later, when I got my Visa bill, there was no
>> > sign of
>> > the store having eventually charged me the right amount. So, I stopped
>> > in,
>> > showed the owner all the little slips, as well as the Visa bill, and
>> > said
>> > "Look - I owe you $180.00!" He disagreed. Several times, in fact. I
>> > gave up.
>> > I'm certainly not this guy's biggest customer, so I doubt he was giving
>> > me a
>> > Christmas gift.
>> >

>> Bizarre. I run my own small business & that is an amount I would
>> definately notice.

> Nope, you'd no more notice that amount than that you spelled
> 'definitely' incorectly. And the apersand is for connecting proper
> nouns, otherwise it confuses... what kind of stupid expression is
> "business & that"?
>
> Sheldon

Sheldon, did you say "incorectly"?

jay wrote:

> Why do you feel the need to brag about your honesty?
> Maybe you are too snarky to get please and thank you. LOL

I didn't brag - the OP asked if this happened to other people - I gave
two examples of when I was honest and people were surprised about it.

You're just an asshole.

-L.

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:27:44 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

> She didn't brag! A question was asked and she responded!

It sounded like a brag to me.. and I see NO question being ask by the OP.
There is not even a question mark at ALL in the post. DUH! <LOL>

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:10:17 -0700, -L. wrote:

> jay wrote:
>>
>> Why do you feel the need to brag about your honesty?
>> Maybe you are too snarky to get please and thank you. LOL

> I didn't brag - the OP asked if this happened to other people - I gave
> two examples of when I was honest and people were surprised about it.
>
> You're just an asshole.

> -L.

The OP did not even ask a question. DUH! Go look in the mirror if you
want to see the "HOLE".

BTW...You have a nasty mouth for such a lovely do-gooder! LOL

"jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:27:44 +0000, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> She didn't brag! A question was asked and she responded!

> It sounded like a brag to me.. and I see NO question being ask by the OP.
> There is not even a question mark at ALL in the post. DUH! <LOL>

You are just looking to be nasty. I certainly didn't take what she said as
a brag,
and that is final!

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:53:12 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

> "jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:27:44 +0000, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>>> She didn't brag! A question was asked and she responded!

>> It sounded like a brag to me.. and I see NO question being ask by the OP.
>> There is not even a question mark at ALL in the post. DUH! <LOL>

> You are just looking to be nasty. I certainly didn't take what she said as
> a brag,
> and that is final!

What are YOU an intermediary? ..look it up. DUH!

In article <[email protected]>, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Nope, you'd no more notice that amount than that you spelled
>> 'definitely' incorectly. And the apersand is for connecting proper
>> nouns, otherwise it confuses... what kind of stupid expression is
>> "business & that"?

>Is an apersand anything like an ampersand? :)

It's the modern incorect version. ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
[email protected]LID

Ophelia wrote:

> "jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
>>On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:27:44 +0000, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>>>She didn't brag! A question was asked and she responded!

>>It sounded like a brag to me.. and I see NO question being ask by the OP.
>>There is not even a question mark at ALL in the post. DUH! <LOL>

> You are just looking to be nasty. I certainly didn't take what she said as
> a brag,
> and that is final!

People who steal will eventually pay.
Especially if they are pagan and believe in the 3 fold law.

BTDT. <lol> Even tho' it was not deliberate.

Om

jay wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:10:17 -0700, -L. wrote:
>

>> jay wrote:
>>>
>>> Why do you feel the need to brag about your honesty?
>>> Maybe you are too snarky to get please and thank you. LOL

>> I didn't brag - the OP asked if this happened to other people - I
>> gave two examples of when I was honest and people were surprised
>> about it.
>>
>> You're just an asshole.

>> -L.

> The OP did not even ask a question. DUH! Go look in the mirror if you
> want to see the "HOLE".
>
> BTW...You have a nasty mouth for such a lovely do-gooder! LOL

From the OP: "One of my sons (who works as a waiter to support his studies)
asked me today if I had ever been "undercharged" for anything and if so,
what I
had done about it." There may not be a question mark, but there is an
implied question in the post. So get over yourself.

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> From the OP: "One of my sons (who works as a waiter to support his studies)
> asked me today if I had ever been "undercharged" for anything and if so,
> what I
> had done about it." There may not be a question mark, but there is an
> implied question in the post. So get over yourself.
>
> Jill

I think li'l ole Jay needs an enema...;)
-L.