wrong size wheels

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by mrburtoh, Jul 19, 2004.

1. mrburtoh

mrburtoh New Member

I'm relatively new to cycling. Don't know too much about bikes, but trying to learn. I just recently bought a Centurion Accordo RS for ten bucks at a thrift store. When I checked the tire pressure and filled them to recommended psi they wouldn't clear the frame. The current size is 27 by 1 1/4 32-630. I'm not sure if I have the wrong size rims or just tires. What size should I have and what is 32-630?

Tags:

2. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

Looks like the current Accordo's have 700c wheels (700x28c stock) according to their website.
    http://www.centurion.de/2004/index.php?lang=de&domain=ch&s=b_bike.php&ID=56&bike_mark=0

That could explain the clearance issue!
    Any idea what year the bike is? Any designations on the rims? The 32-630 is merely the ISO designation for 27x1-1/4 in mm. (28-622 would refer to a 700x28c)

3. mrburtoh

mrburtoh New Member

no designations on the rims the only thing I could find on them is Shimano T O. No idea what year it is. serial # is N6G6171. Don't know if that helps or not. Any recomendations on new rims and tires? I'm on a pretty tight budget.

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

You are probably better off going back to the thrift store, and getting something else that has the right rims on it. Does this centurian you have have 5,6, or 7 speeds in the rear, and where are the shifters located? Somehow, I don't think you've got a current model from a thrift store for 10 bucks. What are the components on it? You could also save alot of time and guessing by taking it to a bike shop so they could actually LOOK at it.That makes some of these things ALOT easier.